&nsbp;

#1 jlinds72

jlinds72

Administrator/ Designer

• Designer
  • 1461 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 06:12 PM

Hi all -

I'm hoping that someone will have a suggestion....

I'm having trouble viewing some people's portfolios/contest submissions as I can't get graphics.com to load for me at all. I have tried to access it in three different browsers, without any luck with any of them (IE, Netscape, Mozilla).

Anyone have any suggestions as to what my problem may be? Thanks in advance :)

~Jenn
Jenn Lindsey - Freelance Graphic Designer
"To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong" - Joseph Chilton Pearce

My website: jennlindsey.com

Please review the new rules for DesignContest.net here

#2 browncat

browncat

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 118 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 08:56 PM

I am using MSN which I just started using last week. I didn't have any trouble with your link to graphics.com main page. I have noticed some links to submissions are being blocked by MSN popup blocker, but when I click the link a second time it works. I did come across one submission (I can't remember what site it was) that didn't work. I just figured it wasn't uploaded are linked correctly.
browncat.cityclicker.net

BROWN CAT DESIGN

#3 Neupix

Neupix

Design Team Member

• Designer
  • 1146 posts

Posted 28 August 2004 - 03:32 AM

Do you have the new Service Pack 2 installed on windows?

I know that its got some sort of new firewall that blocks certain things out. Just a guess otherwise I have no idea!
Neupix Media | Nip Napp! < iPhone App Reviews and News | Citrik Acid

#4 jlinds72

jlinds72

Administrator/ Designer

• Designer
  • 1461 posts

Posted 28 August 2004 - 03:47 AM

I think that you're right John. I just looked, and I updated windows on 8/11, which was around the time that my computer started getting all stupid on me. Thanks for the suggestion! - i'd tried about everything else, and was thinking about rebooting to the original factory settings again. That's probably why my Outlook is all jacked up suddenly, too. hmmmm....
"To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong" - Joseph Chilton Pearce

#5 Neupix

Neupix

Design Team Member

• Designer
  • 1146 posts

Posted 28 August 2004 - 04:07 AM

I think that you're right John. I just looked, and I updated windows on 8/11, which was around the time that my computer started getting all stupid on me. Thanks for the suggestion! - i'd tried about everything else, and was thinking about rebooting to the original factory settings again. That's probably why my Outlook is all jacked up suddenly, too. hmmmm....

Glad I solved the problem :) I feel lucky now that microsoft doesn't want to send me SP2 - my windows update just doesn't seem to update no matter what the settings are.
Neupix Media | Nip Napp! < iPhone App Reviews and News | Citrik Acid

#6 jlinds72

jlinds72

Administrator/ Designer

• Designer
  • 1461 posts

Posted 28 August 2004 - 03:14 PM

nevermind.....didn't work :( Well, uninstalling the SP2 did fix my Outlook problems, but still no luck accessing graphics.com. The only way that i'm able to access it is through one of those anonymous proxy websites.

I tried doing a "tracert" through the command prompt, and it keeps returning "request timed out" when trying to trace the route between my computer & www.graphics.com . I'm just at a loss because I have been on that website many times prior to this without any problems. I'm stumped.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users