&nsbp;

#1 Ge0

Ge0

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 53 posts

Posted 31 August 2004 - 04:49 PM

http://www.sytechdental.com
ABout fginsihed, I got all the files to upload. What do you guys think?
--=+\GE0/+=--

#2 ic3d

ic3d

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 60 posts

Posted 31 August 2004 - 09:14 PM

It's pretty good, but i have some things i would change if you don't mind:

- It's a pretty clean page and it should be since it's about dental care. But it should be even more clean. So inspite of black i would choose white or some light gray variants. Also the header could be a little smaller in height.
- Dental care is important and requires a lot of expertise. Partially this site does make a professional impression, but on some points it doesn't. For example the large logo (which is most likely scanned since you can see a paper structure) i would size that down and maybe even uniform in color or replace the blue with the pink from the logo.
Also iam sure this is a professional dentist, but the pictures on the left freak me out a bit, they look old and unprofessional, just do a search on Gettyimages.com on dentist. That is what pictures on such as site should look like. Dental care is important and you want someone to do it for you with the best equipment and the best skills, iam sure this dentist is a good one, but i can't see that out of these pictures.

Overall pretty good site.

#3 LiveWire

LiveWire

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 August 2004 - 10:22 PM

I'm getting a connection refused error when trying to view your site.

#4 Ge0

Ge0

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 53 posts

Posted 03 September 2004 - 10:27 PM

Haha those pictures are of the tools from his lab that he uses to create the crowns and fake teeth.
--=+\GE0/+=--

#5 CA_Logos

CA_Logos

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 September 2004 - 09:44 PM

The pictures should be better quality. I agree that the logo should be smaller and maybe a different color. The site looks very nice otherwise.

#6 Ge0

Ge0

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 53 posts

Posted 19 September 2004 - 01:49 AM

Thast what he gave me.. thanks for the comments.
--=+\GE0/+=--

#7 browncat

browncat

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 118 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 01:58 AM

Since this for a lab, not a patient, I think the pictures are appropriate.
I agree on making the text area white.
I think it would look better and more professional if you eliminated the flash section. The flash is distracting and doesn't really communicate anything.
browncat.cityclicker.net

BROWN CAT DESIGN

#8 digitalxdefiant

digitalxdefiant

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 02:23 AM

i agree about the flash, or if anything, just make the transitions less 'futuristic' and eliminate the sound fx, sounds cheesy if anything. I like the site overall, but on higher resolution it looks kind of bare, you might try and add a light background wallpaper, something thats vert-horiz tileable and doesnt detract from the overall look and professionalism

otherwise, good job :D
www.dxdstudios.net
designing the future.

#9 Ben.T

Ben.T

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 September 2004 - 01:54 PM

Ditto on what the others have said. On your flash banner, its actually a pixel too wide, and doesn't fit the layout structure ;)
Mmmm, blueshout...

#10 jgaylor

jgaylor

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 October 2004 - 09:19 PM

Good job on making it fit 800 x 600 browser. It's important that people with older browsers can see the site without horizontal scrolling. I think the flash sounds are a little strange and haunting. Kind of scary and harsh. Not something I would want to hear if I was going to get dental work. Also might consider looking at it in 800 x 600 resolution inside a browser...you'll notice the bulk of the information is "below the fold" in otherwords you have to scroll down to see the main content. I would look at reevaluating the structure so that scrolling is only needed in certain situations.

#11 Elite Designs

Elite Designs

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 01:50 AM

well...

in my opinion, the flash works with the theme of the company...SyTECH Labs...but it should be thinner...and the buttons aren't working for me at the moment, so the information frame is empty. pretty decent effort, but i have to say, there is something i don't like about it...i can't put my finger on it, but i don't like it...

be coo

Woo

#12 lovelesslove

lovelesslove

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 12:09 AM

It's pretty good, but i have some things i would change if you don't mind:

- It's a pretty clean page and it should be since it's about dental care. But it should be even more clean. So inspite of black i would choose white or some light gray variants. Also the header could be a little smaller in height.
- Dental care is important and requires a lot of expertise. Partially this site does make a professional impression, but on some points it doesn't. For example the large logo (which is most likely scanned since you can see a paper structure) i would size that down and maybe even uniform in color or replace the blue with the pink from the logo.
Also iam sure this is a professional dentist, but the pictures on the left freak me out a bit, they look old and unprofessional, just do a search on Gettyimages.com on dentist. That is what pictures on such as site should look like. Dental care is important and you want someone to do it for you with the best equipment and the best skills, iam sure this dentist is a good one, but i can't see that out of these pictures.

Overall pretty good site.

i agree with iced.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users