Good Printer?

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 kdermott

kdermott

• Designer
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:23 PM

i have a friend in my class who has some type of Epson printer but it feeds and prints straight through the printer and can print on bristol board. it doesnt bend the paper upward and out when printing. i was wondering if any of you have a printer that feeds straight through and could tell me what kind it is? regular printers cant handle thick stiffer paper and i am looking for a printer that can print on bristol board for my classes. thanks :)

#2 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:37 PM

Depends on how much you wat to spend on it and which size you want. I myself have a Canon PIXMA ix4000 which print a3 and paper bend slightly and can feed max 273grams paper in it. For design school it is mostly enough and I bought it brand new few years ago for 250euro.

You can buy the new bigger brother the ix7000 which has a flat backside feed. With max paper thickness of 300gram. Its not too expensive for around 350 euro however uses 6 color cartidges and might be expensive to replace inks.

Going to the pro version the pro9000 you can use cardboards up to 1.2mm thickness. However this cost about 450euro it uses 8 cartridges for full color gamma so you get great pictures but allot expensive ink uses. I would go for this one. Especially high quality colors. And 1.2mm is much thicker than 300grams and able to print on cardboard an I think on to Printable CD/DVD too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users