I have started a website and I need help

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 wingspress

wingspress

• Designer
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 05:58 PM

I have a website but Im not getting any customers. It sucks. I need help getting traffic in contact me at my website at Home - Wings Press Digital Graphic Design can any one help me. Ive tried advertising and :(Im out of money so any free help would work.

#2 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 06:12 PM

your site is too empty and also bit unattractive to look at. To get more views you need to put something interesting that supprise everybody and get spread easily on the internet just putting few designs does nothing you need to put something radical and someone might pick it up.

#3 wingspress

wingspress

• Designer
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 06:18 PM

I had stuff on there i took it off because i though it scares people away. Yo want to see one of my Graphics. pm and I will send it to you through email.

#4 oscarinw

oscarinw

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 06:28 PM

You may try cross-publicity in sites akin. You will need to get in touch with their webmasters and do something like banner exchange or link exchange.
There are many different things that are important to make your site popular on search egines. One of these aspects is how many other sites link to you and how many are linked from you, so the more you do this, the higher rankings you will find.
Remember that the key to traffic is content. The more interesting/appealing content you generate the easier should be to direct traffic to your site.
Good luck!

#5 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 06:39 PM

have to say the poster you send not scare people but its not pretty or interesting to look at too. Its not really appealing design that you are making. Also its not really art. Have to say you need to find a better subject or instead of going into design go into the world of airbrushing should fit you more with that style or drawing.

#6 wingspress

wingspress

• Designer
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 06:46 PM

it was in my personal gallery on my site. I do logos i can do pretty much everything on graphic design except I hate web designing. It really messes me up. Especially all the new web 2.0 stuff. I just need customers and i can't prove I do good logos unless I have customers to to prove it to. I just can't seem to get my name out there ive tried freelancing website Ive tried everything. I am good photo manipulator a good sketch artist etc.

#7 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 06:53 PM

it was in my personal gallery on my site. I do logos i can do pretty much everything on graphic design except I hate web designing. It really messes me up. Especially all the new web 2.0 stuff. I just need customers and i can't prove I do good logos unless I have customers to to prove it to. I just can't seem to get my name out there ive tried freelancing website Ive tried everything. I am good photo manipulator a good sketch artist etc.

You dont have to put logos of companies on your website. I also sometimes think up designs of a logo even without being for actual company and place them online. Also stuff I made for contest I put online. My site is mainly my personal blog. I have a company site which in beta testing allot of coding which is Chung Dha.com 2009 with special click and scroll over the main page and not the scroll bars. However might do something different cant seem to get the buttons on the bottom moving the way I want.

#8 wingspress

wingspress

• Designer
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 06:55 PM

what do you mean about the buttons moving the way you want. how should the move? did you try png animation?

#9 wingspress

wingspress

• Designer
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 06:57 PM

i looked at your site . you might want to try web 2.0 or make a flash site for it to work correctly. again i suck at web design

#10 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 04:29 PM

No I mean the bottom button on my .nl site to move to specific point does correct moving to the right but back to the left is all goes wrong. Also not going to do flash cause iPad and iPhone blocks the use of flash. So if your whole website is flash you cant view them on iphone or ipad.

#11 wingspress

wingspress

• Designer
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 04:47 PM

Then web 2.0 is your best net then. It incorperates flash ideas but it is not flash. You should try that. and i think your menu bar should go across the screen. you could also disable the bottom scroll bar and put arrows on each side like a slide show. that might work better.for you too. make sure ur arrows are flashy i like flashy arrows just kidding lol
:D----:D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users