&nsbp;

#1 cruser

cruser

Banned

• Banned
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 08:11 PM

contest: Med Lab supply

I have a big problem, none of my logo is not displayed. Yesterday I upload the last revision, but now it does not have any of my previous solutions, there is no audit. I was quoted well. What should I do?

regards
cruser

#2 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 08:18 PM

Nothing you can do, I sent a link to thread you can't see sorry about that.I am going to try to open the thread to all not just Elite Designers

To sum it up all entries

Letting everyone know I am removing
all flasks of the same shape,
all flasks with bubbles
all flasks with wings,
all snakes that are the same
all tube shapes that are the same

The original designer of the concept will be left up. Some might think this is going to be easy but it will not! Since the majority has been rated by the CH I have look up EACH entry for date submitted and compare to other entries to find out who submitted first, this has to be done for each entry.

I have to say I AM NOT HAPPY RIGHT NOW! A large amount of these entries are by elite designers and many of these elite designers have been on this sight for a very long time! YOU know the rules

I'm starting with the most recent entries working down. Under normal circumstances these would all be marked problem and infractions added. I will not be marking problem or infractions THIS TIME.

Like us on facebook

#3 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 08:19 PM

This thread needs to be opened to all designers not just Elite Designers..anyone have issues with that?

Like us on facebook

#4 cruser

cruser

Banned

• Banned
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 08:59 PM

Sharie, thats ok, but You dont delete all same designs, look at Med Lab supply contest.
I write in my name, you delete all my uploads, I share the first place, I say that I had a unique design, with different letters from different snake and the flask, the colors were similar, but these are the colors requested by the employer. I can not believe what's going on here? I do solution by order of the employer and then the moderator deleted my decision. I think this is wrong.

#5 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 09:09 PM

If you see one that needs to be removed post the entry number here.

Only the original designer of the idea will be left up, so i have to search through entry numbers to find what designer entered what first

Like us on facebook

#6 cruser

cruser

Banned

• Banned
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 09:28 PM

Med Lab Supply - This contest is open. 19 hours remaining.
You delete all my uploads. I share first place. I have unique design. I dont have more credits to uploads my design.
Do not be angry, but this is something the worst I've seen in my life, I do this job for 14 years, no one has done something like this to me, I'm really disappointed. . What can I expect to happen if I participate in the "Label For our new product: Corn Chips!" See how many there are of the same solution and the same color? And how many jobs require the same details required by the employer? I have no comments on this procedure.

#7 cruser

cruser

Banned

• Banned
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 09:36 PM

You expect me to do that?
Never,
but I see you've done your job very badly,
at the end of this I believe that this is a very bad advertisement for DC!

#8 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 09:45 PM

A label contest is different than a logo contest! For the label contest this company had an existing label design that needed changed for the new product. A logo design is COMPLETELY different.

If everyone had followed the rules there wouldn't have been any entries removed. As far as your entries. you were not the first designer to come up with the concept you did so your entry was removed.

As far as me not doing my job well......my job gets muddy when designers break the rules

There is no arguing the rules are what they are, I did not break the rules

Med Lab Supply - This contest is open. 19 hours remaining.
You delete all my uploads. I share first place. I have unique design. I dont have more credits to uploads my design.
Do not be angry, but this is something the worst I've seen in my life, I do this job for 14 years, no one has done something like this to me, I'm really disappointed. . What can I expect to happen if I participate in the "Label For our new product: Corn Chips!" See how many there are of the same solution and the same color? And how many jobs require the same details required by the employer? I have no comments on this procedure.

Like us on facebook

#9 cruser

cruser

Banned

• Banned
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 09:55 PM

Lets try on this way!
OK, I hope that you see my two last uploads, according to the rules thay are unique.
All of this follow uploads are coming after mine uploads: 5507, 5576, 5503, 5527, 5544, 5719,5623,5621, 5541, and they are very similiar with my design, and thay used same details as mine. They are not removed, but you are removed mine. If you remember I allready suggest you on this problem, I may post here that message, if you do not remember. And, after that, you delete my uploads. Nice work, Sharie. Really nice work.

#10 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 10:04 PM

Because of some decisions made today ALL similar designs are being removed. Your entry was not the first entry of the flask with bubbles.

I think this discussion is done

Lets try on this way!
OK, I hope that you see my two last uploads, according to the rules thay are unique.
All of this follow uploads are coming after mine uploads: 5507, 5576, 5503, 5527, 5544, 5719,5623,5621, 5541, and they are very similiar with my design, and thay used same details as mine. They are not removed, but you are removed mine. If you remember I allready suggest you on this problem, I may post here that message, if you do not remember. And, after that, you delete my uploads. Nice work, Sharie. Really nice work.

• like an angel likes this

Like us on facebook

#11 oscard

oscard

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 195 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 08:11 AM

Hi Sharie,

If you look carefully there are about 3 ideas in all this contest. So don't know what rules did you apply here and deleted the entries. My entry was very far in style from all other entries and you deleted that one too. Also you left a couple of entries that are still too similar. I kind a lost my interest in this designcontest because of your judgement.

#12 tipeapablo

tipeapablo

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 37 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 10:32 AM

Hi all! Just a little question sharie, you have deleted the similar designs? or you will delete the similar designs? Because there are still some that look very mutch a like.
This is the thing... the contest holder from the beginning rejected any idea that wasnt the medical tube, with the snake and the winds... really... my two ideas where different things and i didng last a second on the contest... i know is not excuse to use all the same material on the designs just because the contest holder like that... but, i think that was the reason...
Still, i want to see what happens!

#13 tipeapablo

tipeapablo

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 37 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 10:50 AM

Ok, i toke some time and saw the contest by date, the original design is from like an angel, all the other designs that are similar to that concept should be deleted, and that it... i dont see more problem than that cruser. And thats fear too, dont you think?
Regards
Pablo

#14 amir

amir

• Designer
  • 82 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 06:58 PM

hello,

I have/had that same problem, one of my logos is also deleted too,

I think we must accept the rules, if we are professional designer . . .?

we know, this is unfair, if one of us new idea developed, and any of us (with purpose or without…), with this new idea make re-design again (some with other colors, and other with small changes ???).

I find this good, if somebody like "sharie" gives us a lot of Time and trouble. and She have exactly everything under control .... everything what fair and unfair is...

I've lost only one Logo, however, after 18 years working as graphic designer, Once again I've learned something new …

with best thanks to "sharie" and other moderator from design contest

best regards
amir

P.S.: i'm sorry for my bad english

#15 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 08:29 PM

I have to say the designers who made the logo and got it removed actually do know why they are removed cause they did not follow the rules.

You guys need to read the rules also the rules about similar design as other entries. As you might seen someone using a certain shape you like to use too here the case were snake and wings which certain designers copied of each other.

Using clip art too is against the rules, however this rule need to be extended to vectorizing images from the internet. Cause there were people including images of snakes which were not real logo's or cliparts however they were designed by someone else and without permission copied of certain part or as a whole into vector and added to the logo.

@Cruzer regarding to 5508 I have found a identical images of the Caduceus which you vectorized or used a stock image and added to your logo. stock.xchng - Caduceus (stock illustration by kikashi)
Also tested and overlayed and its a total match.

So people please read the rules carefully and learn from it. The rules are made to protect DC and CH from getting into trouble.

Having copied clipart or vectorized images found on the internet included in a logo without the permission of the owners is not legal also can cause allot of trouble if people find out of about it. And it will cost allot of legal fees. It both against the rules of the contest by DC but also illegal in normal design terms and copyright and fair use rights.

Advice for everyone to read about creative commons what you can do or not with design and internet. Especially there is a case out there where someone made a sculpture of a picture they found on the internet the sculpture was seen and now they got sued for using an image they did not asked permission for. So its not only graphic design but also other things. Especially when things goes commercially you have to be careful what you do, as for school work copying stuff is easy way but when you get out into the real world the world have allot of rules you have to learn before you get fined or need to go to court.

#16 yourdesign

yourdesign

• Designer
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 01:18 AM

I am new to this site, and am glad I READ the rules. I have not made any submissions, however I am glad that I have seen that NO clip art type images are allowed. This seperates designers from copy and pasters.

#17 Abdussalam

Abdussalam

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 05:12 PM

Have some designs for this one...and now the "10 posts" thing :S

#18 Hutch

Hutch

• Designer
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 05:33 PM

I am new to this site too, and am glad I READ the rules.
:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users