• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 Ruka

Ruka

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 07:46 AM

It's been my first poster. Could You give me some advice, to I could do it better in future..
This poster is about the demonstration of Japanese martial arts... something like Japanese Day...
It's ispired with japanese colours for celebrations.
Sorry for my terrible English.:(

Posted Image

#2 Ruka

Ruka

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 07:58 AM

If there is problem with a pageviews, please use this: http://rukavica.com/...oledne_2010.jpg
Thank You

#3 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21753 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 04:34 PM

I feel real ignorant when I can't read what is a foreign language to me. So going with the looks of the poster it looks good but I wonder if the color bubbles were faded under the black text, how that would look. As an over all look I think it looks good. The top title in the large buubbles did you try those letters as black to see how they stand out from a little distance? The Title portion is what draws a person in to read the whole poster. I would be afraid from a distance the title wouldn't stand out enough.

Like us on facebook

#4 trisler

trisler

• Designer
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 10:57 PM

The title needs to stand out more, although I like the way you rendered it.
I think the only problem then is to prioritize what is really important about this event. What makes it special?
All the rest of the details can be taken off (except for the time/venue) or put in small font at the bottom of the flier.

#5 Ruka

Ruka

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 01:16 PM

I feel real ignorant when I can't read what is a foreign language to me. So going with the looks of the poster it looks good but I wonder if the color bubbles were faded under the black text, how that would look. As an over all look I think it looks good. The top title in the large buubbles did you try those letters as black to see how they stand out from a little distance? The Title portion is what draws a person in to read the whole poster. I would be afraid from a distance the title wouldn't stand out enough.

Thank You very much for Your comment. I didn't try it unfortunately... maybe at the beginning (but without bubbles). Your ideas are important to me, thanks:)

#6 Ruka

Ruka

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 01:26 PM

The title needs to stand out more, although I like the way you rendered it.
I think the only problem then is to prioritize what is really important about this event. What makes it special?
All the rest of the details can be taken off (except for the time/venue) or put in small font at the bottom of the flier.

When I saw it as the printed poster yasterday, I realized it.
Thank You very much!

#7 rorololita

rorololita

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 03:34 PM

i lile the colors so bright

#8 pollux

pollux

• Designer
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:23 PM

Hello!

It has to much going on in my opinion. Most martial arts are about disciplin and balance. When you look at the poster from a distance without being to read what it sais, it looks like a dance party or something.

I do like the placement of most of the text. I like the lighter bars behind the text.

#9 backbeat

backbeat

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 05:33 PM

There is way too much going on in the beginning of the poster and then too much text and then everything just dies out...like...poof!

Do some clever placements and play with some gradients.

#10 gdatta

gdatta

Banned

• Banned
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 06:27 PM

color bubbles could be placed bit more cleverly...also number of bubbles are huge....I absolutely agree with pollux...it doesn't look like a martial arts poster...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users