• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 ic3d

ic3d

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 60 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 11:49 AM

Since w3c has it's html validator online, a lot of people seem to care about the html standards and if a document is valid or not.

To be honoust i didn't care wheter w3c liked all pages i created or not, all i care for is if a site is totally working in all browsers. But then again, why not create a site that is cross platform/browser and is w3c valid as well.

So i started working on my pages (exept my work in progress page) :D and it turns out to be really easy to do while cross browser is still suported. The only problem i ran into was flash(headers). So i started looking for a solution and came to this site:

teppo.tv/kirjoituksia/validflash.html

tried the code and it appears to be valid instead of the usual embed tag. Now up to step 2, is it cross browser/platform? I only have 5 browsers installed and tested with those and so far it is. But i would like more tests.

My question is, if you could open the page and post here what browser and exact version (exact version can be found in the help of your browser), what OS and if you see the red ball, green ball or both.

I'll sumarize the results in this topic and i'll probably post this topic on other forums as well, so that i but also you guys know how valid flashembedding can be :)

#2 ic3d

ic3d

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 60 posts

Posted 22 October 2004 - 05:37 PM

This apparently wasn't working in a lot of browsers. I've been googling for days, searched on all kinds of big design forums as well, but i can't seem to find a 100% working solution. Maybe anyone out here knows one?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users