&nsbp;

#1 Monsai

Monsai

• Designer
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 09:11 PM

Hello every one...
Does feedback matters to designers?
I been a member just this month and I always see them almost begging for any feedback from CH or DC. So, I really wonder that much too. I guess every one desired it for submitting their works, is it not?

#2 ZukiH

ZukiH

Guru

• Designer
  • 1178 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 12:04 AM

Comment box is to explain your concept.
Begging for feedback is not allowed and im giving infractions for it. Multiple infractions result in a permanent ban. We would like to keep contest pages clean but so much spam, its hard to control.

Contest Holders usually IGNORE those comments like "hi sir here is my entry" "dear CH feedback please" "Hi sit, #1, #2, #3 are my designs". This wont get anyone high rated, it will probably result in BAN.

#3 Monsai

Monsai

• Designer
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 07:04 PM

now i know something, tnx for the telling me. may i ask f when does infractions may occur to a designer?

#4 ZukiH

ZukiH

Guru

• Designer
  • 1178 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 07:26 PM

Rules about comments can be found here Rules for Commenting in a Contest Page - Powered by DesignContest.com

You need to read the other rules to know more about infractions =)

#5 arsOrum

arsOrum

• Designer
  • 3035 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 03:21 PM

hello,

thank you Monsai for bringing up this thread and to ZukiH for all the useful links and explanations.

Unfortunately these episodes are being still around :( :(

#6 ideasstudio

ideasstudio

• Designer
  • 336 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:31 AM

Feedback from client is important, designer can know what CH want so that design can go closer to what CH needed.

#7 Premiumlogo

Premiumlogo

• Designer
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:18 AM

I think that for a designer it should be good, if he uploads his designs and explains them as well. For a Contest Holder, if he likes some of the designs, he will surely give a feedback about that design and might also ask for desired changes.

#8 krsbelle

krsbelle

• Designer
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:24 PM

It is nice to have some feedback. It lets you know if you are going in the right direction, however, unfortunately, some designers take the feedback on your entry and build on it in their own designs. In a sense they steal your original concept.

#9 arfelkaven

arfelkaven

Banned

• Banned
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:32 AM

feedback helps me alot for getting my design more nice for the CH.

#10 Squewheet

Squewheet

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 328 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:02 PM

I usually try to make comments about all my designs that I upload. But I never ask the contest holder to look at my designs. I just usually explain my design and then I just say "If you would like anything changed then just let me know". Then I just sit back and wait or I just start working on a new design that is different from the first one I done. And getting feedback on your design to me is very important because......the only way your going to make your design "closer/better" to what the CH is looking for is by getting him/her to say what they like and don't like about your design. And once they do that then you can go a correct it to make it better.

#11 maxie

maxie

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:23 PM

yes , withoout feedback my mind says me , leave this contest,
remembes it do good have good.

#12 tikasia

tikasia

• Designer
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 07:41 PM

For my point of view feedbacks are necessary to the designer to know which direction to use

#13 dlbonanno64

dlbonanno64

• Designer
  • 43 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:20 PM

Like anything else in life, feedback is always helpful. With contests, the feedback can help you hone in on what the contest holder wants.

#14 iNoesis

iNoesis

• Designer
  • 74 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:07 PM

Feedback will be lead us to give the best out put as contest holder's like.

#15 ozie

ozie

Banned

• Banned
  • 42 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:21 PM

Feedback from client is important, designer can know what Contest Holder want so that design can go closer to what Contest Holder needed :cool:. For a Contest Holder, if he likes some of the designs, he will surely give a feedback about that design and might also ask for desired changes. Unfortunately, some designers take the feedback on your entry and build on it in their own designs :(.

#16 janedoe

janedoe

• Designer
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:18 PM

I saw another designer requesting to look at their designs and give feedback with their numbered entries; so I did the same thing to go forward on the design. I did not know until coming across this thread that doing this would lead to infractions; now I know, and I've taking my posting off and changed it to what Squewheet puts "If you would like anything changed then just let me know.".

I would like to see other suggestions on what to put though; I spend time on these designs, as do others, and having feedback is important to me because it let's me know where am at with the designs for the contest. Any feedback, even a thank you at least from CHs; this lets me know that it has been viewed.

Maybe a check mark or something on the entry to let designers know that their design was seen if a comment cannot be made?

Please also can we have more warnings about infractions? I don't want any by mistake!!

Thanks

#17 DRGO

DRGO

• Designer
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:05 AM

Feedback is very important because it gives the designer an awareness about his/her entry and it also inspire the designer to do better and improve his/her works. A contest that has an active Contest Holder is a very nice contest whether what kind of contests it is or how much the price. It feels so nice to communicate with an active Contest Holder rather than those who often give feedback. It seems that they are not interested with what we, the designers have submitted and our works seem to be not worth it.

Thanks

#18 operhal

operhal

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 754 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:40 PM

Feedback is very important!
off the topic:
I just don't get it - CH gets 528 designs and don't choose a winner! Why?? :)

#19 ohi

ohi

• Designer
  • 90 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:32 PM

ye feedback is necessery.
operhal - maybe 528 wrong designs :D ?
[center]my portoflio http://bob-project.deviantart.com[/cneter]

#20 operhal

operhal

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 754 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:57 PM

Ohi, do you really think that 528 designs can be all wrong? :)
*check this one..
Agreen

I have a method - don't participate in contest where clients dont leave feedback or score designs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users