Blind contests needed!

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 no longer here

no longer here

• Designer
  • 1116 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 07:44 AM

We need a Blind Contest Option for CH, so nobody from designers can't see and copy each other's work/ideas. Only CH is allowed to see the submitted designs.

Thank you.

#2 KAskew

KAskew

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 06:19 PM

I completely agree with this! I've had so many of my ideas copied within the last day or so, I'm so angry! I'm a Graphic Designer and I find it so unprofessional that people copy other peers ideas. We really need a blind contest to prevent this from happening. I'm disgusted that people think they can do this. You wouldn't catch a professional design agency copying famous branding for their own ideas.

Thanks

#3 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21753 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 12:24 AM

If another designer has used, copied your design idea/concept then report the design. it is easy to do just click the ! inside the triangle on top of every design entry Reporting a design - Powered by DesignContest.com

Right now our option are what we have, We do not have the option of blind contests right now. The contest holder can choose a one on one project and that option is only seen between you and the ch.

Like us on facebook

#4 no longer here

no longer here

• Designer
  • 1116 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 05:38 AM

You will get tired of reporting all the designs, Sharie. And it's almost impossible to prove unless it's clearly visible. And it takes too much time to write to you, complain and argue.. The One-on-one thing is not an option, it happens very rarely.. I don't understand why you guys oppose this. All designs should be visible when the contest is over, so your portfolio will not be harmed for the clients.

#5 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21753 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 05:46 AM

We appreciate your feedback, is there anything else we can help you with?

Like us on facebook

#6 ZukiH

ZukiH

Guru

• Designer
  • 1178 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 09:32 PM

If you feel that your idea is being used by another designer, please use the REPORT button!
We also count on you to protect your concepts as well. Please collaborate. Thanks

#7 codet

codet

Banned

• Banned
  • 61 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 08:36 PM

please check out on Logo Design contest "Cool logo required for web start up". So many similiar ideas on there.

#8 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21753 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 08:52 PM

Please report the designs you feel are a copy of another design

Like us on facebook

#9 codet

codet

Banned

• Banned
  • 61 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 10:02 PM

just designs? or ideas? For example, My second idea on the contest "text on the table with shadow", but another designers used my idea and make it looks like 3D, or changes the shape with circle, pentagon, hexagon, whatever... so, can i report it? (Sorry, i'm Indonesian. My english very bad.)

Thank You. Codet.

#10 ZukiH

ZukiH

Guru

• Designer
  • 1178 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 10:29 PM

Codet user the report button and show us witch designs are copying yours. That will start a private conversation in "chat with mods" section and we will reply to all your questions.

#11 codet

codet

Banned

• Banned
  • 61 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 10:58 PM

Okay.

Thanks Zukih.

#12 GuoJin

GuoJin

• Designer
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 06:32 AM

PLEASE DO NOT FALL for this 'CUNNING SCENARIO' of some 'recycled-stock-vectors-traders' designers.
BLIND CONTESTS will only provide ways for cheating behavior of sly 'trade-master' designers... UNCONTROLLABLE!
I've seen too many sly conducts of them on other crowdsourcing sites. So many of them, they gives crowdsourcing a BAD NAME, healthy competitions NO MORE... the one with the most best collections of pirates stock-vectors CDs/DVDs will WIN. The only work they done is slight modifications of premade stock-vectors. They would make other designers 'hard and long' works a joke.
Every crowdsourcing designer site already has RULES OF CONDUCT which will become effectively works when contests are OPEN!
Scared of your works will be copied? Ridiculous! You can always report such conduct to the Admin/Teams. There is no need for BLIND CONTESTS!
I was hoping this site will be better than other typical sites.

Edited by GuoJin, 24 April 2011 - 06:33 AM.
addition

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users