• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 techguy

techguy

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 04:01 PM

Here's a website layout project I did in my Web Design class. It's only one page, but you can see how it'll all come out if there were to be more pages. Tell me what you think about it.
http://www.equinox8.com/techie/peugeot
<||\\ Techguy //||>

• Guests

Posted 19 November 2004 - 04:22 PM

I would say it looks more like a brochure for print. You don't use advantages of the media. For this kind of presentational website I would use Flash and some rollover effects to spice it up.

oops, I was too quick to write this note before the site was fully loaded. The rollover is good, but I would add some info about the cars. The images alone look too plain.

#3 Neupix

Neupix

Design Team Member

• Designer
  • 1146 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 04:56 PM

I disagree with resurepus - don't fancy it up with special effects, because sometimes less is better.

I like the use of the photos (collage wise on the front page) but I think the blue background is too generic. I can tell you picked it out of a default colour swatch (as it is the same basic blue at appears in all programs) and I think it would be better if you opened the colour mixer and created something a little bit more cool and less bright looking.

Good job! :)
Neupix Media | Nip Napp! < iPhone App Reviews and News | Citrik Acid

#4 techguy

techguy

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 05:18 PM

resurepus -
Since this was a layout project, I only had to do one page. So, yes, I would've loved to put more pages with information about the cars and I would've loved to make it in Flash. Unfortunately, I don't know Flash yet. I'm currently proficient in Photoshop and ImageReady CS.

penguinpedia-
What kind of cool color were you thinking about? I thought blue was a cool color. I also wanted to make it look corporate-like, but interesting. That's why I chose those colors.
<||\\ Techguy //||>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users