• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 karnetics

karnetics

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 07:43 PM

I would like to have everyone review my site.. I decide not to use flash with this site, just the usual firework site... Let me know what you think... Some part of the site are still under controntruction.

My site: Karnetics
http://kearle.freelinuxhost.com

#2 DirectorSpence

DirectorSpence

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 73 posts

Posted 23 December 2004 - 10:55 PM

Your site is very clean looking. Small quarrels: the links that you would like people to see, I would make them larger, or easier to find. It's not that they were difficult, but pronounce them more. I really liked your Seams Unusual and Tractus logos as well as the others. I think you should have a back button (even though the viewer has a back button on their internet browser) on the pages that show each logo individually. Each time I wanted to see another logo after viewing one, I had to click on portfolio and then click the more button if what I wanted to see was on the second page. It's not major, but it makes everything flow nicely. Everything else worked great, no broken links. Overall, very nicely done. The things I suggested would be the only things I would change.

Spencer
Charybdis Pictures

#3 karnetics

karnetics

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 December 2004 - 05:06 AM

Thanks for the comments.. I will note your suggestions on completing my site.
Thankx

• Guests

Posted 24 December 2004 - 06:44 PM

Karnetics, as you might have noticed in the forum's description, it is recommended to review 3 (or more) others' websites. It's never late to do so :) Give others constructive critisism and you will get the same back. It works just like with the karma ;)

#5 Dumb Genius

Dumb Genius

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 10:02 PM

The site looks good! :) The negative points I see are the very bad slicing and coding. I say very bad, not to be rude but to highlight the fact that it is what has to be improve. Your site will load smoothly and quicker!
Good job overall, I would give it 7/10 because I like clean HTML (XHTML). :D

#6 karnetics

karnetics

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 11:54 AM

The site looks good! :) The negative points I see are the very bad slicing and coding. I say very bad, not to be rude but to highlight the fact that it is what has to be improve. Your site will load smoothly and quicker!
Good job overall, I would give it 7/10 because I like clean HTML (XHTML). :D

Thanx, I will take your comment and apply it to future site creations. Most people think negative feedback are given from other who either dont understand or just jealous. I like for people to give me some negative feedback, because it will help me improve myself... Thankx again

#7 digitalamnesia

digitalamnesia

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 January 2005 - 11:31 PM

Karnetics,
Hi, first let me say that I really like your site. The overall design is very nice, it makes you look very professional. I would agree about the slicing...it is very distracting and would probably make me leave the site if I was looking for someone to work for me. Definately clean that up. Also, on the about me page there are a few errors in the typing.

In the first line collection should be collections.

Next error: I am from South Carolina,US and have been design for more than 20 years. --design should be designing

Other suggestions...I would bring the whole thing up just a tad...there is a little too much space at the top. Also I would get rid of any underconstruction areas...either don't have them at all or put something small there until you can work on it further...This is a pet peeve of mine....

Anyway, love the colors and simplicity of design...good luck with everything.

#8 oxygen

oxygen

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 244 posts

Posted 30 January 2005 - 11:39 PM

I would like to add a small bug(?).
When i open the site for the first time it was in a small window. Then i made it fullscreen. The top (provider-made i think) table with those adds about free space etc. was not anymore centered. It stayed where it was initially. I hope you understand what i am try to say. (forgive my bad spelling-i am a greek).
thnx

#9 Guest_euqinom_*

Guest_euqinom_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2005 - 10:52 PM

I noticed that you have some text typos throughout your site. This isn’t a very big deal but it can mistakenly give the impression that you do not pay close attention to detail and that alone can send the wrong message to your potential clients.

Quick trick: copy and paste all your text into Word and do a spell/grammar check to make sure everything is right. There may also be a spell check plug-in you can download and install depending on what application (if any) you are using to create your page.

#10 mastermesh

mastermesh

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 10:00 PM

make it scale... You are using tables. It'd be nice to see it use percents instead of actual pixel sizes... I have 1024x768 screen resolution and am seeing a lot of whitespace (blue space) on both sides...

#11 barrywh

barrywh

• Designer
  • 45 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 01:41 AM

When I see type on a web page that reads a little too small (for my 44 year-old eyes), I often increase the text size once or twice with my browser's text tool (if I can). In your design, doing this throws your image slices completely out of whack, making the whole page look like a jumbled puzzle.

Also, I agree with others about spelling and sentence structure. Poor copywriting reflects back on us designers more than we may think.

I also agree with digitalamnesia about portions that are "under construction." My general rule is this: If it isn't finished, don't publish it online. What's the purpose? It generally leaves a disappointing first impression and dissuades users from coming back. Try to get those sections finished asyc.

Your logos are certainly clean and professional. Your overall color scheme and page design (although a little small) is great, although you may want to rethink your approach to slicing and tables.

As always, keep plugging away!
:)Barry

#12 Cosmico

Cosmico

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 52 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 10:15 AM

well..everyone told you pretty well what the lacks are in your website..it looks very sleek and modern but it's evident that you don't have a very deep knowledge of coding and you are trying to make your website work thru the images, tables, slices, etc..that are generated automatically by Fireworks (I'm guessing). We all know that coding is a pain in the a** but what on your website is pages and pages of code and thousands of <tr>'s & <td>'s could be solved with a page of CSS and not much more..
Your website will hardly be opened by someone with a normal 56k (or slower) connection and a lot of viewers might have visualization problems, as rocker also said. About the under construction stuff I also like to upload while Im creating so that I can see it on the web and have something online for the meantime..but update that stuff asap, it shouldn't stay there more than a couple of days!

Consider learning some basics of (X)HTML and CSS it will ALWAYS be useful..I'm also a designer and didn't care about coding but more you know better you can do.. The same graphics with a good coding would have been awesome. Keep it up..

Ciao! Good luck..

--keep it simple!!--

ø¤º°`°º¤ø
,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,
°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°
°`°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°` °`°
°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°
,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,
ø¤º°`°º¤ø
º°`°º

#13 Nrak

Nrak

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 73 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 10:38 AM

Very promising site, great work :). I'm probably nitpicking, but I'd try to decrease the intensity of the glow and shadow effects a notch. The next thing is the rounded corners, they look very well done, but they... don't quite flow in sync with adjacent corners. It gives me a strange tingley feeling when viewing them. The inner-box spacing need a bit of adjustment too :).

#14 karnetics

karnetics

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 11:51 AM

Everyone is giving me so many good tips,, I working to improve my style and knowledge. Keep up the good work. Your opion is important.

#15 Design 9

Design 9

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 03:07 AM

i think that your site is pretty nice overall but i would recommend working on the text on the banner. but overall i think that the site has some good potential.

good luck with it
zach.gfxKing.design9.9design.thedesign.

9 Crew / looking for gfx team on my forums

#16 Blake

Blake

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 54 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 06:20 AM

Lets see, I think your site can be improved A LOT.
I'll begin by the logo, the glow around the word "Karnetics" is excesive, and makes the whole logo a little bit dirty. Shadows behind the rounded rectangles are stronger than they should (Nrak said all this, but I believe is important to mention this).
I believe the main image does not combine with the colors of your site. Changing the hue to a greenish blue may not be a bad idea, or maybe even to an orange (orange combines perfectly with light blue).
Regarding the titles of each box, I would remove the ~ on each side of them (they have no function at all and don't look very nice). You can try changing the background color of the title bar or/and the color of the title itself so that the title of the box can be easily recognized/read (this is to replace the ~s).
The site is well structured, you should work on the details (details DO matter).

Hope this helps.

#17 Jaba

Jaba

• Designer
  • 124 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 02:12 PM

hey karnetics,
the only thing that bothers me about your site is that the bad slicing really makes it slow to load (atleast on my computer). Once it's loaded it looks great though. I like the colors; the layout; and the navigation very much. The logo next to your name looks a bit out of place though. Maybe if you used that color somewhere else in the site too it wouldn't stick out as much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users