• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 deepixel

deepixel

Banned

• Banned
  • 107 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 05:05 PM

I have been getting requests to see my winning entries (or entries in general). I remove them from my server once the contest is over. I think it would be a good idea to invest in something like photopost. But you may have to upgrade the board to integrate it.

Also I know I brought this up b4. But it keeps rearing its ugly head. And it is about the title classifications. With mine being "apprentice" it seems some designers and contest holders question it. I think you should evaluate everyones (who is active) title and classify them correctly. Some folks should be bumped up and some down. It adds more value to the board that way.

#2 jlinds72

jlinds72

Administrator/ Designer

• Designer
  • 1461 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 05:16 PM

In the near future we are going to be putting together a gallery with winning contest entries, please refer here as I recently made a post about this. In the mean time if you'd like some of your work displayed - you can send 4 designs of your choice to belladonna, and she will place them in the design team gallery located here .

In addition, I understand your concern with your design team level, but in the rules it states that in order to be promoted, a designer must not have any penalties placed against them for a period of two months - of which you don't qualify for that yet. The new administration staff has been discussing and working on many changes for DC, but everything that we are going to be doing does take time, and unfortunately we all have other obligations as well. We are re-evaluating everyone's level that are currently part of the design team, but you have to realize that 1 person can't just change the levels as we see fit, but a vote is required by all staff members (or at least a majority).

Thank you for voicing your concerns, and i'll say again, we are taking everyone's concerns/suggestions into consideration and certain changes are being made as we have time.
Jenn Lindsey - Freelance Graphic Designer
"To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong" - Joseph Chilton Pearce

My website: jennlindsey.com

Please review the new rules for DesignContest.net here

#3 deepixel

deepixel

Banned

• Banned
  • 107 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 06:52 PM

thanks jlinds

I dont have a problem with my status at all. Afterall no priviledges come with the higher status. But it seems people have the same opinion as Logodoer about me competing as an apprentice. And the gallery thing, I just get asked alot to see my entries (from designers and potential clients). I have no issues with anything going on here. Just want to let you know that others seems to. Keep up the good work. I was not complaining.

#4 Neupix

Neupix

Design Team Member

• Designer
  • 1146 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 08:31 PM

thanks jlinds

I dont have a problem with my status at all. Afterall no priviledges come with the higher status. But it seems people have the same opinion as Logodoer about me competing as an apprentice. And the gallery thing, I just get asked alot to see my entries (from designers and potential clients). I have no issues with anything going on here. Just want to let you know that others seems to. Keep up the good work. I was not complaining.

Having an online portfolio with the url in your signature, as well as the url in your forum profile, always helps out :) It is really simple to set up a small gallery of your work online.. so I would strongly consider it (especially since you do have a lot of skill in identity creation.) You might pick up a few good clients from it!
Neupix Media | Nip Napp! < iPhone App Reviews and News | Citrik Acid

#5 deepixel

deepixel

Banned

• Banned
  • 107 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 08:35 PM

good idea....But that does not tell them which entries were in the contest. Some of my best ones didnt win and I dont think I will display all the failed attempts on my site.

My site is in Beta right now so I will add it soon to my footer. I had to remove my msn from my profile. The inquiries were driving me nut..lol.

cheers mate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users