#1 timmetje

timmetje

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 08:52 PM

you can find my portfolio at:

http://www.timagema.nl

I tried to keep it simple and more about the content, let me know what you think of it?

#2 Dumb Genius

Dumb Genius

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 10:11 PM

Very simplistic but I like it. You should not use frames though.

they are many reasons for avoiding them, here is one but look for it with google for more details. :)

6. Using Frames. Don't use frames. Frames are a thing of the 90's (and in the Internet world that is eons ago) and are not even supported by some search engines. The search engines that are able to index your site through frames will most likely frown upon them. Whatever you are trying to accomplish by using frames can usually be done with the help of PHP includes or CSS (Cascading Style Sheets). Some browsers are not frames-compatible, so there is the danger of some visitors not being able to see your site at all. Bookmarking of individual pages within a frame becomes difficult without lengthly scripts being written.

You should priviledge vertical expansion instead.

#3 timmetje

timmetje

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 01:06 PM

lol, I knew somebody would say something about the frames... it seems like everybody hate's them.
But for my site they where actually really practical to use, and most of the problems with them arent of much concern because my site is so small and the one link going out opens in a new window. And if frames are a thing of the 90's then browsers not supporting them must be a thing of the 80's.
So probably the only problem is that people frown uppon them... I'm going to learn php soon so i'll probably change it in the future

#4 Dumb Genius

Dumb Genius

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 05:12 PM

yeah php is great :D

#5 creatifex

creatifex

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 02:12 AM

Not bad - Looks like it could use some more color though.
Robin :: creatifex designs
http://www.creatifex.net

#6 Nrak

Nrak

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 73 posts

Posted 12 February 2005 - 10:48 AM

I agree with some of the other responses, and can't give you any more suggestions. However your Millenium Kit design looks nifty. Made any prototypes?

#7 bluelou

bluelou

• Designer
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 February 2005 - 11:43 AM

Hi timmetje.

I like the site and your work as well, it´s easy to browse and quick.
Dont like to see the vertical scroll bars when they are not need, you could change that.
Your C.V. its not in english.

Bye

#8 Darkmonkey

Darkmonkey

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 February 2005 - 12:37 PM

I like it. Very simple navigation, and a good portfolio of work. Well done. Some of the products you have look great.
...they're watching you...
Darkmonkey Designs

#9 IntuitDesign

IntuitDesign

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 157 posts

Posted 27 February 2005 - 05:36 PM

Greetings Tim —
Overall very cool!
A critique would be;
Composition very nice!
Use of color - for such a neutral colored site, adding a little splash of something would liven it right up effectively!
Unfortunately, the site (top graphic) was breaking apart at the top when I went to it. You may want to get things shifted left a bit. You may have the top graphic currently assigned to 'center.'
There is some valuable real estate on the left of the nav, so the navigation I would try to get left a bit as well.
Great work being shown on the site! I was interested in looking at each one.
You are a master of photo retouching! Man! I do that myself, so I dig it. Looked miraculous!
Frames - alas, people can't bookmark you effectively, as well as many other reasons.

Keep up the great work Tim!

peace
jc

#10 X3Design

X3Design

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 11:34 PM

I really think that you should split it up! Make one site for Design and one for architechture. They can be linked but seperate, its shows your diversity while maintaining a level of cohesian. I think that your overall site could be improved by scaling back and adding some color and personality.

Z

#11 KorteX

KorteX

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 226 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 01:55 AM

You should ad at least one color. An all black and white site will a tiny bit of blue or red would make features pop out and become more noticeable.

#12 grafikus

grafikus

• Designer
  • 94 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 07:11 AM

You have some nice logos there, but a splash of color would definitely make the site come alive. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users