&nsbp;

#1 VividMinds

VividMinds

Contest Holder (P)

• Client
  • 71 posts

Posted 23 January 2005 - 08:07 PM

Hi All

Let me introduce myself, I am in charge of an Organization's Graphic Department, and produce about 2 cds and a poster each month, and other smaller pieces of Art.

I plan on holding a few contests here :)

Just wanted to introduce myself, is there a lot of traffic here? (i.e. will a lot of people be able to actually compete?).

Also I'd like to maybe myself try and join your team one day. lol - (i am a designer to, but maybe not as good as you guys).

• Guests

Posted 23 January 2005 - 08:29 PM

Welcome to the community! We'll be looking forward to hosting your contests and I am sure after taking a look at our previous contests and the gallery you will be satisfied with the professional level of our designers and competition going here.

#3 jlinds72

jlinds72

Administrator/ Designer

• Designer
  • 1461 posts

Posted 24 January 2005 - 12:30 AM

Welcome to DC! There are over 100 members on our Design Team, all who have been pre-approved to compete in the design contests. Like Resurepus said, we encourage you to take a look at the Finished Design Contest Forums, the Designer Art Gallery, as well as this page here which lists all of the designers that are members of the design team. If you view the profiles of these designers, you will usually find a link to their personal portfolios, which will give you an idea of the vast array of talent that you'll find here.

We look forward to your contests, and please let us know if you have any questions :)

~Jenn
Jenn Lindsey - Freelance Graphic Designer
"To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong" - Joseph Chilton Pearce

My website: jennlindsey.com

Please review the new rules for DesignContest.net here

#4 VividMinds

VividMinds

Contest Holder (P)

• Client
  • 71 posts

Posted 24 January 2005 - 02:55 AM

Cool, my big concern was it seemed only two or so persons particiapted per contest, and I Was not sure how much traffic was coming now (I suspected maybe earlier there was more?).

Ok, one last question - I have occasional small jobs as well, which I would not like a contest for - since the minium is lesser then the time I Want put into these flyers.

If I find a designer I like working with, for some of the smaller quciker things can I work with him directly?

And seconly - how do you guys accept payment? I hope it is not paypal, as my paypal account is seriosuly messed up - any other way?

#5 jlinds72

jlinds72

Administrator/ Designer

• Designer
  • 1461 posts

Posted 24 January 2005 - 04:46 AM

Hey :) Currently it is paypal, although i'm sure we could work out something else. I'm the one who takes care of the prize funds, so if you'd like, send me a PM with payment options available to you and we can see what we can work out.

As far as the contests - I'm not sure which ones you've viewed, but normally there's on average around 10 different designers participating in any given contest. You'll see that some designers specialize in either logos, illustrations, web designs, etc - and of course there's some that excel in more than one area. We have had a couple of contests lately that have only been open for a couple of days, thus not allowing enough time for more to participate.

As far as working directly with the designers, that's completely up to you. All that we ask is that if you do host a contest with us, please refrain from contacting any of the designers privately in regards to the contest until it's over. Once your contest is closed, you can coantact whomever you'd like. Any arrangements that you make directly with any of the designers are completely between the two of you, including all terms and payment agreements.
Jenn Lindsey - Freelance Graphic Designer
"To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong" - Joseph Chilton Pearce

My website: jennlindsey.com

Please review the new rules for DesignContest.net here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users