• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 rtbenson

rtbenson

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 175 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 11:34 PM

I read this opion article today, and found it quite interesting.

http://www.wired.com.../view.html?pg=5

#2 will

will

Designer / Technomancer

• Designer
  • 763 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 03:45 AM

Cool article indeed. Here in Argentina the competition isn't really a competition since all of the internet providers are reduced to 4 that have their areas controlled. But luckily the customers are giving many of these companies the finger for providing services that have some sort of backdoor like blocking emule, kazaa, etc. ports. I witness the change when a lot of people leave one of the major companies here for other alternatives forcing them to give more offers on plans that now they announce have no tricks (at least for the 3 first months). Eventhough we have free internet access by telephone line the demand of cable is growing and they will have to face it that internet consumers are not silly ones. Freee Wi-fi access is still experimental here and only in some major state libraries and some coffe shops but is growing. I have friends in Canada (leader on the internet industry) that tells me that on his first installation he had 3 months free, 3 MB broadband and later a cost of 30-40 canadian dolars which is pretty cool. Here the cost of 1MB cable is 30 dolars but you have to pay also the tv cable what sucks because the cost rises to 50-60 dolars.
Will
"There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it" (EDITH WHARTON)
-- NEW Portfolio --

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users