"Contest Close Date" Marker

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 ardianet

ardianet

• Designer
  • 45 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:05 PM

I've seen some of abandoned contests. While DC need 5 weeks to determine to actually close the contest and split the prize to highest rated designers.

I know we could submit ticket to ask about contest status,
But I guess it would be better if there were like "Contest Close Date" marker.
(ie. Status : Closed on 10/07/2012)
So, designers know actually how long that the contest are already abandoned.

Just an Idea.
Thanks.

Regards,
Ardia

#2 ardianet

ardianet

• Designer
  • 45 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 12:45 PM

Bumping the thread.. hope DC's team read & respon my idea..
& replied to my submitted ticket : MTQ-461-83505 ;)

*btw, is it allowed to bump the thread ?

#3 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21753 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 02:48 PM

Hi there

Yes I think it is fine to bump a thread. I read the ticket yesterday. There is not much we can do over the weekend. I will most of the time wait to call a client over the weekend unless it is an emergancy. So I was planning on making my last call to this guy Monday morning.

As far as time marker, doesn't the comments show when laast comment was made? That shows you when the contest was able to take last comment, once contest goes expired you can't post a comment in the contest.

Like us on facebook

#4 ardianet

ardianet

• Designer
  • 45 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 05:46 AM

Hi there

Yes I think it is fine to bump a thread. I read the ticket yesterday. There is not much we can do over the weekend. I will most of the time wait to call a client over the weekend unless it is an emergancy. So I was planning on making my last call to this guy Monday morning.

As far as time marker, doesn't the comments show when laast comment was made? That shows you when the contest was able to take last comment, once contest goes expired you can't post a comment in the contest.

@sharie
thanks for your reply

some last-comment are left/written couple of days/week before the contest close (not on the day the contest closed).
just like on the contest I asked on the ticket above, last comment already marked 2 moths ago.
is it in 5 weeks the comment will be marked 2 months ?? so I guess it will be great if there was exact time marker.

And with the new rules in DC applied for designers, I guess DC should have strict rules too on CHs.

On DC's front-page, It says "100% money back Guarantee".. so, if the CH didn't like any of the designs, they will redeem the money.. and so designers left with nothing than wasting time try to propose designs...??

I guess that's why DC have "Guaranteed(Payed) Prize" system.. to make CH gets the best design, while designers not worry about not getting payed.

Thanks.

Regards,
Ardia

#5 lperwas

lperwas

• Designer
  • 55 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:52 AM

I agree that having a close date posted would be helpful. Either that, or DC could put date and time stamps on comments (like on the forum posts)...that would be helpful, but, as ardianet pointed out, if the last comment is a week before the contest ended, participants would still not know when the contest had ended.

#6 ardianet

ardianet

• Designer
  • 45 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:03 AM

Hi there

Hi Sharie,
Any update on my ticket ???

#7 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21753 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:17 AM

I will close this out tonight

Like us on facebook

#8 arsOrum

arsOrum

• Designer
  • 3035 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 03:51 PM

Also would be useful to show from how much time a contest has been opened :) :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users