Black levels

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 Guest_mevector_*

Guest_mevector_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:28 PM

Hello,
I have been working as a comic book colorist for US publishers for the past 3 years and have self-taught Photoshop to myself over the past years.
Usually when i work on a comic book and check my blacks with a color picker it comes to:- 75% Cyan, 68% Magenta, 67% Yellow, and 90% Black

, but recently one of my publishers asked me to Ensure the blacks are:- 60% Cyan, 40% Magenta, 40% Yellow, and 100% Black.
I have tried a lot of different setting in the color setting options in Photoshop, but have not managed to get the same percentages as specified by my publisher.
I would be really be great full if someone could help me out and tell me how can i manage to do this without affecting the color quality of rest of the page, as i would not want the print quality to be affected.

#2 DexMind176

DexMind176

Banned

• Banned
  • 231 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:06 AM

Hello,
I have been working as a comic book colorist for US publishers for the past 3 years and have self-taught Photoshop to myself over the past years.
Usually when i work on a comic book and check my blacks with a color picker it comes to:- 75% Cyan, 68% Magenta, 67% Yellow, and 90% Black

, but recently one of my publishers asked me to Ensure the blacks are:- 60% Cyan, 40% Magenta, 40% Yellow, and 100% Black.
I have tried a lot of different setting in the color setting options in Photoshop, but have not managed to get the same percentages as specified by my publisher.
I would be really be great full if someone could help me out and tell me how can i manage to do this without affecting the color quality of rest of the page, as i would not want the print quality to be affected.

Hi! MeVector

(60% Cyan, 40% Magenta, 40% Yellow, and 100%) It Can be achieved only when you work in CMYK color Mode, I think you are using RGB Color Mode and this is the reason why you are not finding the exact Color Match.

You Can Change the Color mode by Navigating to {Imgae > Mode > CMYK}

Edited by DexMind176, 17 August 2012 - 07:08 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users