Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

Phone support: Closed

We are back in: 1h 20m

Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

To the 'Brief' page first.. not the 'Entries' page.

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 sanjeebsks204

sanjeebsks204

• Designer
  • 89 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:24 AM

A simple yet (in my opinion) a good feature modification would be enabling the designers to go directly to the 'contest brief' page after clicking the contest link in the 'contest list' page.. not to the contest entries page. Many of the new comers go in there into the 'entries' page directly and start to have a look at the entries first before jumping to the 'brief' page.. and that in some way can tend to affect their thoughts to go non-original... i think so.

Thanks,
sanjeebsks204

#2 sampdesigns

sampdesigns

• Designer
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:02 AM

I agree fully with this. Often if I check a contest for its brief, I have to try and avert my eyes from entries which is a bit difficult. I don't want to be affected by the other entries to influence what I make and want to at least try to start off with something completely created from my own ideas. Hell..I've posted and entry in a contest once and discovered about 3-4 entries before mine had a simillar technique I was really scared I'd get reported for stealing the idea even though I had planned the logo while a storm was moving through the city and immedietly worked on it when I could put the computer back on. Sometimes you just can't help but come up with something simillar with only so many alternatives.

I don't mind following the direction of a contest but I just want to make sure that my start off isn't affected before I start looking into what the client is enjoying from others. Since I like to work with the whole "follow the direction of the contest" I try and do none blind contests and blind these days.

#3 dansheva

dansheva

• Designer
  • 65 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:22 AM

i'm agree with ours idea...i think contest blind is solutions.

#4 DMahannah

DMahannah

• Designer
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:56 PM

I'm all for this idea! Whenever I look into a contest, I always try to click over to the "Brief" tab as fast as I can, but I still always catch a glimpse of the other entries. I've found that even the quickest look at the other designs is enough to make me start thinking in a specific direction, which in my opinion just limits creativity. I'd rather come to an idea on my own, with absolutely no outside influence from other designers. I mean, sure, there will always be times when what we come up with is similar to what's already been submitted, even when we don't look at the other entries first. But still, being able to avoid the other entries on any contest, I feel, will only help generate more original and creative work on the site.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users