• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#21 savina

savina

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 1290 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:25 AM

Hi all. Very good thread with interesting stories. My nickname is my real name Savina. My avatar i a photo of my eye with photoshop effects. I like it because I think it represents my nature :)

#22 Elijah

Elijah

• Designer
  • 200 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:45 PM

My middle nane is Elias, some of my friends call me Elijah so i use it whenever i can. The avatar came from a play with my graphic studio logo wich i named FlyBy, i live and work less then 200m from a International Airport :)

nice to meet you all.

Lau, i have a labrador called Mafalda :D and her "godmother" is a friend of mine called Laura.

#23 PaintedPony

PaintedPony

Guru

• Designer
  • 1376 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:48 PM

Hi Savina and Elijah~ Nice to meet you both. We're finding out all kinds of interesting tidbits of info. :)

#24 ohi

ohi

• Designer
  • 90 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:12 PM

Hi,
My nickname is from childhood.(Real name - Oscar )
Avatar hmm.. it's my ID. I made it in photoshop.

P.S. Savina, I very like your name. :)
[center]my portoflio http://bob-project.deviantart.com[/cneter]

#25 PaintedPony

PaintedPony

Guru

• Designer
  • 1376 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:28 AM

Oh Hi, ohi! Nice to meet you. :)

#26 vet87usaf

vet87usaf

• Designer
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:50 PM

Veteran of the USAF, joined in 1987. And I like turtles....opps I mean stars. Regards

#27 PaintedPony

PaintedPony

Guru

• Designer
  • 1376 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:18 AM

Welcome vet87usaf! Stars and stripes are awesome (and so are turtles! :)

#28 vet87usaf

vet87usaf

• Designer
  • 33 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:27 PM

Thanks Painted Pony

#29 nvillegas

nvillegas

• Designer
  • 79 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:53 PM

Initial of my first name with my last name. My avatar, well.. tried my best to draw my own portrait.

#30 JonasMorais

JonasMorais

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:15 PM

My user name comes with a fusion of my last name "Morais" and what my father use to call me when I was young "Jonas" and my avatar is called "Black Tear" that i have done 2 years ago when my mother passed way, I use to use it as "gold tear" in football manager forums where I sometimes do some fantasy football shirts....

#31 Rocky30

Rocky30

• Designer
  • 54 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:09 AM

Hello everyone!

My name is Rocky30. Rocky because my name is Rocio, is a very common name in southern Spain and a friend started calling me Rockiny and suddenly everyone started to tell me Rocky ... and everybody knows me well. I chose the number 30 because it was the entrance to the new decade, when I joined DC I only had a year to comply, so I put that number.

My avatar I had already done on some shirts. I participated in a contest of mimicry together with my friends on TV, called "Give me a clue." To our shirts I drew each of us...the group called Mojito Girls ..... lol!!

And that's the story

:cool:

#32 cobalt

cobalt

• Designer
  • 367 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:51 PM

Nice topic!
Ok my turn. Actually the nickname cobalt is a tribute to a friend, it was his nickname. I started graphic design thanks to him in the mid 90s, we were doing games and demo, and at the time we used to do a bit of everything : programming, graphics and music. I sometimes listen my old tunes For fun ..... And it's really really bad:D . Aniway , my friend is not designing anymore and it's a shame because he was really skilled, so I took his nickname.

#33 DirtyVash

DirtyVash

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:57 AM

I Love This!
I get the name DirtyVash from an Anime cartoon called Trigun. The main character's name is Vash the Stampede. He's a weirdo, a sweetheart and a genuinely nice guy. He's very flirty and very childish and his beliefs and views on life, whom he gets from Rem Soverem, are very idealistic in the real world let alone in his. He believes in Love and Peace. But for some reason trouble, turmoil and pain always seem to follow him everywhere he goes. But so does the destruction of protecting himself and everyone around him both friend and stranger. See, there's a 60 billion double dollar bounty on his head for some of the destruction everyone believes he caused. When in actuality, it's not him, it's the people who are hunting him to collect the bounty, and his foes who were created by his brother, Knives, to bring eternal pain and misery into Vash's life. He's also a Dead Eye shot with Any firearm.
I relate to him in Many Ways. He has scars, I have tattoos. He shoots guns, I shoot pool. If Vash or myself were hungry and we over hear a child complaining about being hungry, I'd give that kid From his beliefs to his misfortunes to his personality to his dead eye shot, which I like to associate with my pool shot, lol. But the differences between me and him are light to dark. He's blonde, I have black hair. He would starve before stealing bread from a store. I'll take that bread in a second. He refuses to and Won't/Can't kill anyone for any reason. But I would like to think that if it came down to it, I would put someone down if my or my family's safety were put in danger. So I like to think of myself as a Dirty Version of Vash the Stampede. Hense the name, Dirty Vash.

#34 GJR

GJR

• Designer
  • 2637 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:08 PM

My nickname is my initials with design on the end - due to lack of imagination!

My avatar is non existent - due to lack of inspiration!

#35 Amezarak

Amezarak

• Designer
  • 56 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 12:28 AM

My screenname or nick or whatever is called is a name i've been using since 1995 as an internet avatar... anyone remember Mirc?? well, since those ol' good days...

Is an angel from the Enoch (the prophet) chronicles, i started with azrael, azazel, but amezarak, just had something different about it, maybe because it was a little more unusual... then i discovered that amezarak's letters fits my numerology chart as a glove... the rest is history, i use it for every internet profile i have...

My avatar is a selfie... I'm thinking of renewing it for a while now.

#36 Vennie0205

Vennie0205

• Designer
  • 201 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:41 PM

My name is junseiyu, yu is my last name, and junsei is a common Japanese name.
It is the name of my favorite actor's character in one of his movies.
The movie is great and I just love the pronounce of the name.

#37 lizonil

lizonil

Guru

• Designer
  • 1720 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:25 PM

Hi everyone, just found this thread and its very interesting. My avatar is just a cartoon I drew of myself, my name is my name and the name of the town I have my house in in Spain Liz Onil... LizoniL. I made it up quickly when I lived in Spain and needed a quick email address and then it stuck and everyone knows me by it. I also like the way it balances out with the Li on each end. I was thinking of changing my avatar this week to a photo. It's lovely to meet you all, you are all so talented. Painted Pony... I used to live in Charlotte, NC and I love Charleston, SC one of my favourite places, and one that hold dear memories. :)

#38 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:30 PM

Love all the names and why people choose what they choose. My "only" complaint ( and not really complaining) is trying to say the names to contestholders.....we have had many laughs over pronunciation! Some are very easy but others well..........

Like us on facebook

#39 PaintedPony

PaintedPony

Guru

• Designer
  • 1376 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:43 PM

@Liz~ Oh wow, that is very interesting! I was actually born in England (most of my family lives there), and I grew up in Charlotte, NC. I moved several years ago to South Carolina (30 minutes south of Charlotte), so I go back and forth between NC and SC all the time. I love Charleston and visit when I can - I have quite a few friends that live there as well. Small world isn't it?! :D

#40 Kugon

Kugon

• Designer
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:10 AM

It’s from Ningas Kugon. It's a Filipino term used to mean being enthusiastic about starting/working on a project and then quickly losing interest. The icon, I make one better, later.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: inspiring web design

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users