Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

t-shirt idea

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

• Guests

Posted 26 April 2005 - 06:58 PM

I was not really sure about where to post this because it is not that much about the design as about the idea. For my chatroom in progress www.Chattish.com

Posted Image

First of all, I would like to know what you think about the name itself? Personally I believe it was not a bad choice considering how many domain names with the word "chat" have been anready taken. However I would like to know what you guys think about it. Is it fun or rather dull? Is it easy to remember or not?

As for the t-shirt, what you see there is not a logo or a hierogliph, but a Russian word. In fact the worst and the most vulgar one :) The users of the chat are Russians who speak English and foreigners who are interested in Russia. The t-shirt is to be worn in other countries than Russia (for obvious reasons).

#2 Neupix

Neupix

Design Team Member

• Designer
  • 1146 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 07:54 PM

Hey Sergey,

The name itself works well. Considering the simplicity of it.. I really am surprised the domain wasn't already taken. It is very easy to remember, and to answer your question it is rather fun. You could really reinforce the "fun" aspect with a good logo design, so when that time comes be sure to ask our opinions!

I like the t-shirt idea.. I just hope that you don't sell it to somebody that ends up walking the streets of Moscow in it :p
Neupix Media | Nip Napp! < iPhone App Reviews and News | Citrik Acid

• Guests

Posted 26 April 2005 - 08:03 PM

Thanks for the comments, John! Yes, I know what you talking about (in respect of the logo) I am working on it, hope it will help make the name even more fun and easy to remember :)

And yeah, I should put a warning in the store that wearing it in Moscow or anywhere else in Russia is strictly prohibited :)

#4 artistsneverdie

artistsneverdie

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 10:46 PM

lol i thought it said "XYZ"

the name is simple enough to remember and sounds bouyant and fun as penguinpanda mentioned.
stylised|design imperialism
http://www.designisruin.com
band design | corporate identity | web | print

#5 RoT

RoT

• Designer
  • 70 posts

Posted 02 May 2005 - 01:08 PM

Oh my god :)
Its a little bit offtopic, but in Bulgarian ХУЙ (HUI) means dick (sorry for the word). Its a slang but... :)
The best design decisions are simple, because they don't contain elements that are not necessary... and contain the necessary elements in a way that looks logical...

#6 browncat

browncat

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 118 posts

Posted 02 May 2005 - 04:19 PM

It is probably not a good idea to use vulgarity on the t-shirt unless you are trying to promote vulgarity in the chatroom.
browncat.cityclicker.net

BROWN CAT DESIGN

• Guests

Posted 02 May 2005 - 08:15 PM

no, I am not trying to promote vulgarity in the chatroom and I don't believe it is that much about vulgarity, but thather a joke :)

#8 melseom

melseom

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 09:56 AM

Just curious, is this for cafepress.com?? anyway that's a logo right? look's clean and neat though.
:::: www.melseom.com ::::

#9 prophet

prophet

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 126 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 12:38 PM

PUTKA! ahah i dont know if you know what that means its in Bulgarian :) Kur means what XYN means but i think it means smoke in russian right?

Adobe Certified Expert

Adobe Photoshop CS

Adobe Photoshop CS2

Some previous work

http://prophet.fluidvision.net

#10 RoT

RoT

• Designer
  • 70 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 11:45 AM

Yeah prophet :) It`s kind of a joke here to say 'Къде беше? Да курам' (Where were you ? Smoking), because it be understood in many ways.
Well, the word 'putka' (that you mentioned) means.... you know what it means :) Woman stuff :D
But enough vulgarity here ! :D
The best design decisions are simple, because they don't contain elements that are not necessary... and contain the necessary elements in a way that looks logical...

• Guests

Posted 06 May 2005 - 11:10 PM

Just curious, is this for cafepress.com?? anyway that's a logo right? look's clean and neat though.

you do need to read posts to the end...

#12 Nubs

Nubs

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 62 posts

Posted 07 May 2005 - 03:43 AM

name: I like the name...although it kind of sounds like ChatS***, but judging by the vulgar nature of the t-shirt, I don't think you mind :)

Also, I really don't get the design itself. I guess the typography is good, and if I spoke russian I could critique better. But is just seems kind of boring, and if your site is about chatting..I don't know if the word dick on your t-shirt is relavent. Again, I don't know the detailed concept behind this, so I am most likely wrong.

• Guests

Posted 07 May 2005 - 06:09 PM

name: I like the name...although it kind of sounds like ChatS***, but judging by the vulgar nature of the t-shirt, I don't think you mind :)

Also, I really don't get the design itself. I guess the typography is good, and if I spoke russian I could critique better. But is just seems kind of boring, and if your site is about chatting..I don't know if the word dick on your t-shirt is relavent. Again, I don't know the detailed concept behind this, so I am most likely wrong.

it was not really about the word dick :) but I guess you are right the idea isn't very clear. What I wanted to implement is just to make people curious and try to find out what it means and then have a laugh when they have found it out.

#14 patrick-w3b

patrick-w3b

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 08:14 PM

One suggestions, make sure its designed at 300 DPI :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users