• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 Nubs

Nubs

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 62 posts

Posted 07 May 2005 - 02:10 AM

I joined a little while back but never got a chance to post :( So here I am introducing myself. I am an advertising student at University of Texas and I do freelance/contract and part-time design work. I love art and learning new technologies. Right now I am concentrating on learning advanced css and php, as well as digital painting (in Photoshop mainly). Take a look at my portfolio and let me know what you think: www.naveedlalani.com.

Thanks for looking :)
naveed

#2 illumina

illumina

Guru

• Designer
  • 2714 posts

Posted 07 May 2005 - 02:24 AM

Excellent portfolio you have, I love your work :)

Welcome to DC Nubs, just make yourself at home :D

#3 Nubs

Nubs

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 62 posts

Posted 07 May 2005 - 03:09 AM

Thank you, glad you liked my work!

#4 jess711

jess711

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 26 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 01:54 AM

Naveed -- love your portfolio. What kind of digital painting are you doing? I just started getting into it, as well. I'm doing mostly fantasy stuff. Love, love, love it. No mess, greater color freedom, and you can make as many changes as you want! Of course, that also means most of my stuff is never finished in my eyes... anyway, take a look at my digital art page: http://jesswilliams.com/art.htm. As you can see, I'm still getting the hang of the medium. Anyway, great to meet you!
Jess

#5 Nubs

Nubs

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 62 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 02:28 AM

I like to do stuff that is a little nutty (to say the least)... any ways I love observing the environment around me so I would draw form that or just my imagination. I am just starting out so if you want to provide me with any tips that would be awesome :) And you have some awesome digital work!

#6 jess711

jess711

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 May 2005 - 10:33 PM

Thanks for the compliment! The best tip I can give you is work with your canvas zoomed waaaaaay in. I usually work at about 400-500% zoom so that I can control practially every pixel. Especially if you plan to print your stuff at high resolution. I just had one of my paintings printed and I'm so glad I paid attention to all the small details because everything was so sharp and huge that even a minor mistake would have been glaringly obvious.

And of course, practice, practice, practice!

Jess

#7 Nubs

Nubs

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 62 posts

Posted 15 May 2005 - 12:05 AM

thanks for the tips :)

#8 Nubs

Nubs

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 62 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 10:47 PM

I applied to the design team when I joined and haven't heard anything yet. Can one of the mods please update me? I would like to enter that wacom tablet contest.

naveed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users