• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 KorteX

KorteX

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 226 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 02:27 AM

Ive tried before but failed. Now Ive finaly taken the the time to color something step by step and as realistically as i could. This is not done yet, i hope to add the entire upper body and mabie a background. Its the profile view of just some sci fi soldier type guy. i started from the base blue/grey and sketched out a black outline of the head, then i took the base blue color and went down the color scale a bit to a darker tone. After that i went from the base blue and went up the color scale to get a tint shade. I know its not much, but i am so happy with how it looks. Its a far better improvement on my previous colorings, expecially the glow and reflection of his LED lenses. What do you guys think, and advice would be appreciated.

Posted Image

#2 niek

niek

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 10:53 AM

That looks really nice man!
What you program did you use and which tablet?
You need me? contact me!XD

#3 KorteX

KorteX

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 226 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 07:54 PM

Photoshop 7 and this really cheap Jam Tablet. I need a new one :(.

#4 will

will

Designer / Technomancer

• Designer
  • 763 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 11:12 PM

Hey, not a bad job at all, you have cool notions about where the shadows go. I remember I had a tutorial about how to paint a comic somewhere in my bookmarks, I ll see if I can post it here.
Will
"There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it" (EDITH WHARTON)
-- NEW Portfolio --

#5 will

will

Designer / Technomancer

• Designer
  • 763 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 11:51 PM

Here it is: http://www.farlowstu....com/tutorials/. Is a basic tutorial but a pretty cool guide too.
Will
"There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it" (EDITH WHARTON)
-- NEW Portfolio --

#6 KorteX

KorteX

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 226 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 12:58 AM

Oh cool, thanks man.

#7 KorteX

KorteX

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 226 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 01:00 AM

Hey, not a bad job at all, you have cool notions about where the shadows go. I remember I had a tutorial about how to paint a comic somewhere in my bookmarks, I ll see if I can post it here.

What did you do to that pic, it looks sharper.

#8 will

will

Designer / Technomancer

• Designer
  • 763 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 01:01 AM

No problem, you are doing a great job on that drawing. I'll be glad to witness it finished :D
Will
-- NEW Portfolio --

#9 will

will

Designer / Technomancer

• Designer
  • 763 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 01:06 AM

I made a sharp with ulead photoimpact. I thought it would show more the principles of light & shadow you are using.
Will
-- NEW Portfolio --

#10 WickedMind

WickedMind

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 70 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 10:59 AM

looks goods. Hope you'll finish the project by creating a whole soldier and we'll see the result. You're doing fine so far.
Might want to try to play around more with light and shadow. Except for the eyes the whole image seems to have the same light on it. More shadow/light makes the pic more interesting.
But might do the whole body first to see what would be the best direction to make light come from.

keep up the good work.

#11 takethetrain

takethetrain

• Designer
  • 191 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 01:45 PM

this is really nice; can't wait to see how the finished body comes out. but i agree that the light needs some direction to make it more realistic!
ps: kudos on adding a bit of blue light on the areas surrounding the eyes, that looks really nice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users