• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 Ayduu

Ayduu

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 06:11 PM

Im just tryin this out for a contest. Please give me ideas to make it look better. Thanx.

Posted Image

#2 Vish

Vish

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 166 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 06:12 PM

Where is this contest held at? Online?

#3 Ayduu

Ayduu

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 06:21 PM

Yes. Its my rap site.

#4 oviska

oviska

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 80 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 06:12 PM

You should change the color scheme in such a way to focus the atention on the product. :)
Right now the background is grey and the PS is grey too. Is kinda hard to make the difference between them.

#5 _Redrum

_Redrum

Retired Admin

• Designer
  • 1957 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 08:57 PM

The overall design is fine but some of the details need a little work I think. For example I really can't say that the 'taped screen shots' go with the futuristic style of the background OR the PS3.

Also, to contrast a little of what Oviska said, I think that you could just tone down some of the background details to make the foreground stand out rather than changing the color scheme you already have set out.

As some final thoughts, the text, in my opinion, looks a bit wide on the page, and, if this were my project, I would probably try to connect the background to the foreground physically in some way so that it doesnt look like everything is floating in free space.

Maybe I'm nitpicking at it by those are the things I see that could use some improvement. However not to discourage you I honestly think the idea and layout are great.

#6 Ayduu

Ayduu

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 09:55 PM

No its fine. I actually remade this, only with a different scheme. Same colors but different scheme.

Here it is

Posted Image

#7 oviska

oviska

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 80 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 10:13 PM

this one is much better! ;)

#8 Sevenlee

Sevenlee

• Designer
  • 144 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 10:24 PM

can i make a suggestion? have you tried giving the background a hint of blue tint to make the ps3 stand out a bit. Adding more volume to the composition? I think it would help. looks good though

--Call me crazy but i enjoyed the first one better. Try the tint of blue. Just for laughs. See what happens. Maybe a little outer glow on the ps3's? hmm..The devil may cry image looks over exposed. I know it's not your fault, it's prolly a screen capture but try to mess with the contrast. I think it would make the compostion look better. All in all Good work :)

#9 Ayduu

Ayduu

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 06:53 AM

Right in the middle is a shade of blue tint. It may be hard to see though. :/

#10 takethetrain

takethetrain

• Designer
  • 191 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 01:43 PM

i agree that the second one looks better, but i think that the first would beat it by a long shot if you added blue (and maybe some outer glows) like sevenlee suggested; whatever blue you say is on there now is definitely not visible.

#11 Ayduu

Ayduu

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 02:24 PM

oh ok. Thanx

#12 Freakz

Freakz

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 08:07 AM

I think the font could look a little better. Maybe make it more crisp and smooth. I also think the pictures/screens could be higher quality. Overall looks nice though.
FreshDezines.com
TemplateFreakz.com
LogoFreakz.com

#13 Dan Pastia

Dan Pastia

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 July 2005 - 07:30 PM

If I may, the background looks somewhat flat. Try giving more 3d dimension to it. And try to make it more simple (now look crowdy). Also your composition have no center of atention so when I look at it I don't know what is the Subject.

No intention to disregard the fine idea that you had, just trying to clear it up.
Hope this help.
Keep it up!
- keep it simple -

#14 tpuentes

tpuentes

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 404 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 03:12 PM

If i were you I'll get rid off the games screen shots, it's taking about 1/3 of the composition

#15 _Redrum

_Redrum

Retired Admin

• Designer
  • 1957 posts

Posted 10 July 2005 - 06:54 PM

If I may, the background looks somewhat flat. Try giving more 3d dimension to it. And try to make it more simple (now look crowdy). Also your composition have no center of atention so when I look at it I don't know what is the Subject.

No intention to disregard the fine idea that you had, just trying to clear it up.
Hope this help.
Keep it up!

See thats what I was saying about the background as well. I don't think it, itself, is flat though I just think that the foreground makes it look flat because everything just appears to be sitting a few inches infront of this canvas that is the background.

I will again suggest, even with the new one, to try somehow incorporating the background into the foreground.

As well, I agree with some of the comments made about the text. There is a free font called SF Movie Poster, and I think that if you tried it (as long as you're using all capitals anyways) it would really work for this.

Here is a link to the font download:
http://www.1001fonts...ml?font_id=2348

#16 zcfsu

zcfsu

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 08:14 PM

the first submission's back ground was great and fine... it just seems like everything really stands out too much. i'd say dull it down a bit.

#17 Antwawn

Antwawn

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 01:59 AM

I don't like the contrasty images in the bottom corner of the games. Also, try making the entire thing less complex, its hard to easily comprehend.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users