&nsbp;

#1 Niff

Niff

Banned

• Banned
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:22 AM

Hi everyone!:cool:

Well I’m not new here but I wasn’t been often in DC forums. So maybe this might be posted already or suggested already before, please be considerate. This thing I want to suggest is that because I’ve seen this or experienced it by working in other designing contest site, and I find it better and securing as to not having designers making issue or to worry of other designers copying their concept or designs.

Wouldn’t it be better to have the CH ratings and comments on a certain designs are invisible to other designers?

Because normally designers tend to copy other concepts of those designs that are rated higher, and maybe it is better than that having the contest blind. Please let me know what you think about my notions, and sorry for my English. More power to DC.:)

#2 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21753 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:27 AM

Yes we have this option it is called a "blind" contest The contest holder has to choose this option

Like us on facebook

#3 Niff

Niff

Banned

• Banned
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:48 PM

Hi sharie,

I think you never get what I meant to say, what I am suggesting is that designers wont be able to see each others ratings even though the contest isn't blind.

#4 Squewheet

Squewheet

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 328 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:49 PM

I think what he is trying to say is that when the CH rates the designs. Only the designer that made that design can see the rating and the comments that the CH made to that design. I kinda like the idea. I think it's along the lines of what we have already talked about in another thread...... Click Here To View Thread

#5 Niff

Niff

Banned

• Banned
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:59 PM

Thanks squewheet, that's exactly what I wanted to say. I never thought it has already been discussed though I have read that earlier thread before, I never get to the point that it reached to this kind of idea that I have. Thank you.

#6 jctoledo

jctoledo

• Designer
  • 112 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:30 AM

It'll be an option to blind contest...
Nice idea

#7 savina

savina

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 1290 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:44 PM

I think in non blind contests it is easier for CH to post comments that are for more than one design and not to explain the same thing to to everybody (like the arangement of the text and icon in the logo or things like this). I think many CH's don't make enough detailed comments (and don't give detailed brief) and it is easier to see what they want if you read all the comments without copying other designs.
I like it the way it is.

Edited by savina, 31 December 2012 - 01:51 PM.

#8 savina

savina

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 1290 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:56 PM

In blind contests when you see the other ratings you know where your design is. Different CH rate different way. You can have 30 points and to be in the first 5 or you can have 80 points and be at 65 place. I think it is helpfull to see if your design has a chance to win.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: blind contest, invisible rating, rating, rating issue, rating points

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users