Is it me or..

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 Azoturia

Azoturia

• Designer
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:26 PM

..do you guys have problems with trying to figure out JavaScript as well? HTML and some parts of CSS make sense to me or is easy to understand but I can't for the life of me understand why Javascripting is so hard to comprehend for me! I've tried w3schools tutorials but it's like it goes through 1 ear and out the other. Any other designer share my pain?

#2 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21753 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:35 PM

all coding is foreign to me! If I sat down and really tried to learn it maybe, I might be able to grasp a little...I mean I know how to make the simple things in html like bold text for example but that is about as far as I can go. I can image you see a hamster in a running wheel, oh better yet a hamster on a trampolene bouncng all over the place when you look at my brain when it comes to coding

Like us on facebook

#3 Azoturia

Azoturia

• Designer
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:36 PM

I think one of the biggest issues I had with coding was truly understanding what each was for..

The easiest way I kind of remember coding and its usage was to compare or make an analogy to setting up a dinner table. HTML is basically organizing and putting in your content, CSS is styling and positioning your content, and Javascript/JQuery is the actions..or translated, HTML would be like plates, food, utensils...CSS is describing those utensils and food and where they were placed..Javascript is stuff like taking the spoon and dipping it into a bowl of soup. Make sense?

But yeah, I don't know what it IS particularly about Javascript (JQuery as well) that makes it so hard for me to understand..I think it's more about the markups in the language or I just need to learn visually rather than reading it off of w3schools and books. :s

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users