US & EU support teams

Girls. Bikinis. Science.

• Please log in to reply

#1 jrwells

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 11:30 AM

This is a new site I recently put up, created for a local bar bikini contest, it is my first attempts at Flash, and I am always looking for crits, ways to improve it, or just opinions on wheter or not you think it is successful, design wise.

Thanks for all input.

#2 Waterlogged

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 202 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 02:33 PM

Damn good! Ez to navigate and the style is nice. I wish I could do that in flash LOL Any way nice job! The music isnt too anoying either which is always a plus!
Best Regards,
Adam Wilkinson

#3 Acecool

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 02:41 PM

Good job, but maybe make the intro and site on a seperate page because if you go to one of the links on the top, then back you arent on the site and have to click skip intro again heh.
If you plan on contacting me, please read this: Legal Terms & Conditions

#4 simplistik

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 216 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 03:55 PM

Good job, nice start. Few suggestions, first right now I'm on a Mac so sometimes things look a little different. Mac users should still be taken into condsideration too :(

Anyway, on you flash intro I see a flashing navy colored box. Just curious if it's supposed to be like that?

And I would suggest turning as much of it in to flash/vector as you can for a cleaner sharper look, things like the type and border thingys.

I've attached an image to see what I see and to show what thingys I'm talkin about.

www.beyondthepixel.com - a multimedia affair
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
-Leonardo da Vinci

#5 jrwells

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 December 2003 - 05:24 AM

Waterlogged - Thank you very much much, and that music loop was brought to you by SLrec. from the flashkits.com sound loops, I think he did a kick ass job on it.

Acecool - Very good idea, but can you think of a way of doing it where I don't have to create a seperate page. I am trying to not interupt the animation as much as possible. If you know of a way of doing this that would be great. I tried to set the site up where you won't need to use the back button at all, unless you click on the link to the Bikini Beach, but I might have failed at that.

simplistik - Damn you Mac users with your perfect monitors. I am guessing that the blue box was due to using a blur technique that I might have blurred too much and altered the blue, I will definately look into it. Also, the border thingys were actually supposed to be blurred a bit, but if you are seeing that as tacky, maybe I should tighten them up.

Thank you all for the great ideas.

#6 truefocus

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 December 2003 - 05:25 PM

I think there needs to be more girls, more skin, and more up close shots. more photos of girls in bikinis would be good too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users