• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 jrwells

jrwells

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 11:30 AM

This is a new site I recently put up, created for a local bar bikini contest, it is my first attempts at Flash, and I am always looking for crits, ways to improve it, or just opinions on wheter or not you think it is successful, design wise.

http://www.thursdaynightout.com

Thanks for all input.

#2 Waterlogged

Waterlogged

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 202 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 02:33 PM

Damn good! Ez to navigate and the style is nice. I wish I could do that in flash LOL Any way nice job! The music isnt too anoying either which is always a plus!
Best Regards,
Adam Wilkinson

#3 Acecool

Acecool

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 02:41 PM

Good job, but maybe make the intro and site on a seperate page because if you go to one of the links on the top, then back you arent on the site and have to click skip intro again heh.
http://www.acecoolco...s_Signature.php
If you plan on contacting me, please read this: Legal Terms & Conditions

#4 simplistik

simplistik

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 216 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 03:55 PM

Good job, nice start. Few suggestions, first right now I'm on a Mac so sometimes things look a little different. Mac users should still be taken into condsideration too :(

Anyway, on you flash intro I see a flashing navy colored box. Just curious if it's supposed to be like that?

And I would suggest turning as much of it in to flash/vector as you can for a cleaner sharper look, things like the type and border thingys.

I've attached an image to see what I see and to show what thingys I'm talkin about.

www.beyondthepixel.com - a multimedia affair
··························································
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
-Leonardo da Vinci

#5 jrwells

jrwells

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 December 2003 - 05:24 AM

Waterlogged - Thank you very much much, and that music loop was brought to you by SLrec. from the flashkits.com sound loops, I think he did a kick ass job on it.

Acecool - Very good idea, but can you think of a way of doing it where I don't have to create a seperate page. I am trying to not interupt the animation as much as possible. If you know of a way of doing this that would be great. I tried to set the site up where you won't need to use the back button at all, unless you click on the link to the Bikini Beach, but I might have failed at that.

simplistik - Damn you Mac users with your perfect monitors. I am guessing that the blue box was due to using a blur technique that I might have blurred too much and altered the blue, I will definately look into it. Also, the border thingys were actually supposed to be blurred a bit, but if you are seeing that as tacky, maybe I should tighten them up.

Thank you all for the great ideas.

#6 truefocus

truefocus

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 December 2003 - 05:25 PM

I think there needs to be more girls, more skin, and more up close shots. more photos of girls in bikinis would be good too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users