• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 uniquestreak

uniquestreak

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 06:39 PM

Hey, So we've finally got our site up and running. Drop me a line and let me know what you think www.uniquestreak.com

-

- - - - - - - | portfolio --> www.uniquestreak.com - - - - - - -

#2 Neupix

Neupix

Design Team Member

• Designer
  • 1146 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 06:51 PM

Excellent job!

I really like the colour scheme you chose, as well as the diagonal approach you took with the main page. I don't much prefer flash websites, but in your case you did a great job utilizing the advantages of flash and used them properly.

The only thing I don't like is your client section. I think you would benefit by making this a little more portfolio like, as I find it hard to really find examples of your work (there is a lot of clicking and digging involved to actually get to it).
Neupix Media | Nip Napp! < iPhone App Reviews and News | Citrik Acid

#3 psyris

psyris

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 287 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 04:19 AM

top stuff...very nice dersign...such a groovy site like the transitions...very clear and simple i like the shapes in red they stand out giving contrast to the grey....perhaps make it easier to show ur work you have such a long list of clients you should so more examples of what youve done
www.uiom.com.au
simple and effective design solutions

#4 uniquestreak

uniquestreak

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 03:52 PM

I agree with you guys about the portfolio. The only reason it isn't so dominate on the site now is because our company has emerged into more then just design, we do radio promotion, publicity etc... also. I will probably within the next couple of weeks add another button at the bottom just for design. But with all that animation its going to be a pain in the butt :)

#5 takethetrain

takethetrain

• Designer
  • 191 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 06:08 PM

beautiful, incredibly fluid! can't wait to see you folks include more of a design section as noted above.
i saw the notice about needing interns--where are you located?

#6 uniquestreak

uniquestreak

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 09:13 PM

Hey,

Yeah Unique Streak is now looking for interns to assist in website design, graphic design and public relations. We are currently located in Michigan and Nebraska but you do not need to be in these states for the intern. We are looking for in home designers who would like to gain experience. If Interested please send your resume and a brief description of how you could be a great addition to the Unique Streak Team to... [email protected]

#7 psyris

psyris

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 287 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 01:46 AM

Just curious, what quals and skills do you needs, such as what software suites etc
www.uiom.com.au

#8 uniquestreak

uniquestreak

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 02:08 AM

In regards to the qualifications for our company we only require that you have a portfolio for us to see your work. As far as the software, we are flexible with what you would like use however we typically use photoshop, illustrator, flash, and dreamweaver to create our designs.

#9 psyris

psyris

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 287 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 05:00 AM

ah ok cool, thanks for that
www.uiom.com.au

#10 exo

exo

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 76 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 11:20 PM

yeah yeah, very cool, very impresive, super neat, needs easier portfolio stuff blah blah.

Now, let's get down to the important things here, like...

How do I score a date with that smokin hottie Kiley Dean?:D

#11 browncat

browncat

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 118 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 10:16 PM

I liked what I saw on the first page, but I am not patient enough to wait for a lot of music to download so I didn't see anything else. Is there a way to just look at the site?
browncat.cityclicker.net

BROWN CAT DESIGN

#12 DtRiCk

DtRiCk

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 88 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 08:32 PM

Normally not a big fan of flash, however this site really catches my eye....
Great lookin site!

#13 uniquestreak

uniquestreak

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 08:58 PM

Why is doesn't anyone like flash? Its by far the best way to visually stimulate your viewer. It may take a little longer to load but more people are on faster connections now then ever before.

I will agree it sucks with online searches, Spiders do not currently pick up flash, but does that out-way the effect you can get with a flash site. My company is called "Unique Streak" the only way you'll find my site online in search engines is if you search the actual name "unique streak", so whats the point? You still have to market the name in the first place for them to be able to search it. This could be done by adding your links in other sites, or running a magazine ads, etc...

What are some other reason you don't like flash?

#14 DtRiCk

DtRiCk

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 88 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 09:32 PM

I just find that with alot of flash sites..Navigation around them is very frustrating. In your case, it is simple and easy. But sometimes I just want to get to a site, and get what I need without going through a fancy preview and whatnot.

#15 Neupix

Neupix

Design Team Member

• Designer
  • 1146 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 09:58 PM

Too many people don't know how to use flash properly. Navigation is often terrible, many times very annoying loading effects are applied, and even worse are websites that repeat 2-3 second transition animations between each section.

Flash is also terrible usability wise. Text size is often set very low (10-11pt) and those people who may be older or vision impaired have a very hard time reading it. Often time there is no way to increase text size either.

There is also the issues with text readers (again vision impaired people), search engine spiders and other mechanisms that need to read the text. You would be surprised how a well written content could get you a high spot in google, giving you clients who might not otherwise find you.

#16 psyris

psyris

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 287 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 11:33 PM

I have too notice that many people a number in this forum included, dont like flash, i personally enjoy flash, i find it more appealling to look at and grabs my attentiona i too have developed some things in flash...i havernt recently due to commitments but i do plan to get certification in flash and restart my flash work...last piece i did got to be a finalist in the ATOM aways in australia...so i like flash...but i do agree with the fact that some flash projects become frustrating and are annoying to wait for...but better optimiztion can fix the problems of download times and better knowledge can improve navigation. ...this is an interesting topic im going to start a threat...ciao
www.uiom.com.au

#17 uniquestreak

uniquestreak

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 05:22 AM

Flash is also terrible usability wise. Text size is often set very low (10-11pt) and those people who may be older or vision impaired have a very hard time reading it. Often time there is no way to increase text size either.

There is also the issues with text readers (again vision impaired people), search engine spiders and other mechanisms that need to read the text. You would be surprised how a well written content could get you a high spot in google, giving you clients who might not otherwise find you.

I will give you that, that is yet another aspect i did not consider. As far as not being able to do it correctly or having crappy navigation i feel my sites hold up well in those areas. ( www.enterdoe.com - www.alljeremy.com - www.youngblaze.com - www.kileydean.com ) I have also seen html sites with crappy navigation so i can't see that as a bases for not choosing flash.

At the end of the day its just how you design it.

#18 psyris

psyris

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 287 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 05:32 AM

hehe yeah true...all about the way you design...and i agree with you i have too seen html and other static sites with poor navigation...i hate it ...particularly some larger corp sites getting the info you need is just way too hard its like the organise them dodgy or something
www.uiom.com.au

#19 takethetrain

takethetrain

• Designer
  • 191 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 02:31 AM

actually, it is possible to have text size user-changeable in flash; i haven't tried it myself (i'm still a beginner), but i've seen it done. also, since it is true that text content can be imported from outside sources (like .txt, XML, and PHP files), wouldn't search engine spiders be able to find it? i haven't researched this, so i'm curious about what others here have discovered. i'm not sure if this would apply to text readers, though.

at this point in time, i think it is important that websites expecting heavy traffic should have some sort of alternative to flash, most likely HTML.

#20 Neupix

Neupix

Design Team Member

• Designer
  • 1146 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 02:40 AM

actually, it is possible to have text size user-changeable in flash; i haven't tried it myself (i'm still a beginner), but i've seen it done. also, since it is true that text content can be imported from outside sources (like .txt, XML, and PHP files), wouldn't search engine spiders be able to find it? i haven't researched this, so i'm curious about what others here have discovered. i'm not sure if this would apply to text readers, though.

at this point in time, i think it is important that websites expecting heavy traffic should have some sort of alternative to flash, most likely HTML.

Yup. All of what I talked about is possible in flash, but the majority of people don't use it or know how to use it.

uniquestreak: Your business (the music industry) requires flashy websites to succeed. People need to be entertained for a music website -- and you have done a great job of that :) It is more about who you are designing for than how you design it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users