Silver and Bronze medals replaced it with money tip

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
&nsbp;

#21 3187mohit

3187mohit

• Designer
  • 113 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:01 PM

Well this can be done on designer's request(I am not an admin)
but to enter the contest everyone pays 5$.
gold winner gets the prize money
silver gets 30$ and bronze gets 15$(only if amount collected is more than 50$)

Lolololol :D

#22 Meowchi

Meowchi

Banned

• Banned
  • 71 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:20 AM

If this is so, maybe the prize for the gold medal will be separated, so that silver and bronze can have the prize too... :)

#23 notsu100

notsu100

• Designer
  • 61 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:07 PM

I think that the participation fee for the competitions is not a good idea. This would considerably reduce the number of participants in competitions, and bearing in mind the idea of DC site (CHs are looking for a relatively small amount of money and want to get a large quantity of ideas from designers), then that kind of amendment (participation fee) would be disastrous in the long run.

#24 sajid2032

sajid2032

• Designer
  • 122 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:29 PM

second and third place got some money to because they also try their best in the contest unlcuky to win it well thread to explaine the feeling of many desingers

#25 Meowchi

Meowchi

Banned

• Banned
  • 71 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:27 PM

Think, that doesn't feels so good for the 4th and 5th placer... Better that only one, and the best one only receives the prize :)

#26 seegor

seegor

• Designer
  • 1779 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:26 AM

I'm speaking in my name, I enter each contest to win, not to be silver or bronze and i will try harder if i know that there is only one money prize. And if I'm on second or third place during contest i will try even harder to get to first place knowing that i wouldn't get money for place I'm currently at. But that's just me :)
I think that higher first place prize, and guarantied payment would be more motivating and would attract more designers.

#27 CarlosC

CarlosC

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:47 AM

Agree with seegor, I mean, when I got mi silver medal I felt bad... but that gave me a reason to try harder in my next entries and that's what counts: Be better, one design at a time.

#28 seegor

seegor

• Designer
  • 1779 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:50 PM

There is one more thing about silver and bronze designs, all of us have used designs from previous contest to enter new one if we didn't won that previous contest of course :)
So we get silver or bronze for some design, and there is a new contest that perfectly suit that design but we cant use it because we already have medal for it, or we CAN use it? i mean we didn't sold that design so its basically still our property and we can do with it what ewer we want? (question for Moderators) :D

#29 Babba

Babba

Lead Moderator

• Designer
  • 36609 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:03 PM

Seegor, as you wrote - it is still your full property.
I don't think all the clients would respect that "pre-made" work... so sometimes I wish if I could remove it for a while:).

#30 RoyGBiv

RoyGBiv

• Designer
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 12:03 AM

I definitely think an optional tip jar could be placed somewhere next to maybe the top 3 designers that way if the contest holder wants to tip someone they can. I only say this because it shouldn't be mandatory, but I have been a Contest Holder once and I would have liked to tip the other top 2 designers for their hardwork.

#31 ShiftingBlue

ShiftingBlue

• Designer
  • 50 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:47 PM

I don't hate the idea of optional compensation for second and third place entries simply for their efforts and not for the sale of designs

#32 ibrahimnassar

ibrahimnassar

Banned

• Banned
  • 20 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:35 PM

good

#33 stubie2

stubie2

• Designer
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 03:05 PM

Perhaps DC could reward designers for accumulated silver and bronze medals. I've seen designers with many of these and few golds which seems a shame, being so close so many times. Maybe $10 for every silver, payable when they reach 5 medals?

#34 Opheliact

Opheliact

• Designer
  • 93 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:34 AM

25 for silver and 10 for bronze would be nice
  • idesi9n likes this

#35 krishdesigns

krishdesigns

Banned

• Banned
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:33 PM

i'm in still confusion!, i got an silver medal today, will they give any cash prize or what?

#36 seegor

seegor

• Designer
  • 1779 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:36 PM

krishdesigns there is no cash prize for silver or bronze, sorry

#37 krishdesigns

krishdesigns

Banned

• Banned
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:03 PM

Thank you seegor for you're kind information. :)

#38 seegor

seegor

• Designer
  • 1779 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 09:24 PM

wasnt so kind but its an information :)
You have specific type of contest where is silver and bronze awarded to, here is one:
Fight Nights

recently was another one for Moscow metro, public DC contest

#39 jafrif

jafrif

• Designer
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:25 AM

Good conversation going on... I really want to add my input that it should be guaranteed that CH select silver and bronze medal at least. Some of contest gone with only selecting gold winner.
I disagree with the idea of any money reward as this would reduce gold winner award because CH wouldn't want to give extra money. Yes but it will be good that there is an optional money reward according to CH choice (many CH would not even choose it though ;) ).

Edited by jafrif, 04 December 2013 - 12:28 AM.

#40 shiny

shiny

• Designer
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:40 AM

nice...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users