OpenType Fonts suddenly no longer visible in PSP X4

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
&nsbp;

#1 PeachyKeenWeb

PeachyKeenWeb

• Designer
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:50 PM

Any one else ever have this problem? I've been using PSP X4 for over a year with OpenType fonts. Suddenly, today, the OpenType fonts no longer work. I can choose an OTF from the font selection & see the preview in that window of the first few letters. However, when I type, the cursor moves, but nothing shows. The TrueType fonts work just fine. It's all OTF fonts which have quit being visible on the screen. This problem has only just occurred with PSP. All other programs are displaying OTF correctly.:confused:

#2 PeachyKeenWeb

PeachyKeenWeb

• Designer
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:26 PM

In case anyone else has this problem, I finally solved it. Windows Update KB2753842 for a security issue with OpenType fonts caused this problem. Several others in a Corel forum also had this problem. Removing the update allows PSP to again use OpenType fonts, however, depending on how your computer/network/security is configured, it may leave you vulnerable to the security issue caused by using OpenType fonts.

#3 PeachyKeenWeb

PeachyKeenWeb

• Designer
  • 32 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:25 PM

Another update: Microsoft has fixed the problem in update KB2753842. You can now do the security update AND use OpenType fonts in PSP.

#4 alexcray

alexcray

• Designer
  • 65 posts

Posted 13 March 2024 - 03:21 AM

Any one else ever have this problem? I've been using PSP X4 for over a year with OpenType fonts. Suddenly, today, the OpenType fonts no longer work. I can choose an OTF from the font selection & see the preview in that window of the first few letters. However, when I type, the cursor moves, but nothing shows. The TrueType fonts work just fine. It's all OTF fonts which have quit being visible on the screen. This problem has only just occurred with PSP. All other programs are displaying OTF correctly. :confused:

PSP, especially X4, has limited support for OpenType fonts. While it can display previews and recognize them in the font list, it might not render the actual characters when you type.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users