• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 Uniment1

Uniment1

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 381 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 06:04 PM

Here is a Poster I spent a bit of time on every bit of it is vector and I sent it off to a printer to have it printed as a 34" X 23" poster..... Anyway it's going to be part of my portfolio I am also in the process of making another Guitar poster (Surf Music). All that aside please tell me what you think about this good?....bad? what should I have added or left out? Any comments will be appreciated...
-Nate

http://img500.images...ksposter9ms.jpg
www.uniment1.com :: Design Services

• Guests

Posted 31 January 2006 - 06:19 PM

did you make the guitars too?

#3 Uniment1

Uniment1

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 381 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 02:23 AM

yep ...all of it is vector I did vector all of it and did'nt copy someone :p

#4 Shutterbug

Shutterbug

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 40 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 02:37 AM

The guitars are pretty cool.

#5 seawise

seawise

Guru

• Designer
  • 861 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 11:42 AM

The guitar illustrations are cool and well done but the whole seems a little busy. Maybe you can remove flashy thing at the background or at least decrease its opacity so the names would be more readable. I would either use the flame effect or the background effect but not both for a sharper look. That is my 2 cents. Congrats for the vector work ! Hope to see more from you.

#6 Uniment1

Uniment1

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 381 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 05:56 PM

Thanks for your comments Seawise... not to be a jerk or anything but ...the reason I made it look so "busy" is I want people to spend time looking at the poster ...the poster is not for anykind of advertising just a simple art Illustration for this guys music shop .....but thats why it has that look ...yes you are right it would be a horrible poster for advertising :p Thanks again for your comments....
-Nate

• Guests

Posted 01 February 2006 - 08:27 PM

Just wanted to clear that before giving my comments about the poster. Yes, the overall feel is a little busy, and the accents are blurred. I really don't see what do you want to tell by this poster. But the guitars are cool, very detailed, must have taken quite a while to make them.

#8 DesignsbyD

DesignsbyD

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 04:06 AM

I think it would look really cool if you could use the band's fonts, to mix it up and make it more band based. Otherwise, the guitars were incredible.

#9 Uniment1

Uniment1

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 381 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 04:07 AM

Thanks for the comments! What do you mean by " band's fonts" ? I would consider anything .....

#10 DesignsbyD

DesignsbyD

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 04:12 AM

Not too sure, not a huge band guy myself, but I know the beatles use a distinct font, or whatever is on their CD, so that it would stand out more. And other bands/CD's too, like Stairway to Heaven etc.

#11 methodine

methodine

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 116 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 03:25 PM

Hmmm, i don't like it at all. The fire looks terrible, the fonts are not well choosen and looks to amateurish. The guitars are sustainig the message, but is the only thing there that can say something.
...for another perspective

#12 vektorthunder

vektorthunder

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 50 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 12:57 AM

IMHO:
i think if you want to show your guitar its better to really focus on it, i mean in center area and make it bigger ...

remove the font or
it you want to make it smaller, use the appropriate font

delete the and the yellow spark

keep the fire's burnin!

:D
my works at :bnrdesign and istockphoto

#13 Blazen

Blazen

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 347 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 04:09 AM

Hello,

Very nice. But like others have already stated, it does look a little too busy even if it is not for advertising. Also, like resurepus said, when I first saw the poster I didn't really get what it was trying to convey. Perhaps a tribute to all those great rockers?

The guitars are very nicely done and deserve a little more focus which seems to be taken away by the sunburst. Also a little play on the fonts would add some contrast and variety to design. Searching for the individual bands/artists signature fonts is a great idea.

Overall, it is a good poster and with some time and tweaking could be great. Especially with those rockin' detailed vector guitars. ;)

Regards,

#14 Uniment1

Uniment1

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 381 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 03:06 PM

I am glad to have these remarks good and bad ....let me explain this once again ..... The poster does not convey any message it is for a waiting room...it is a poster to look at and spend time trying to find everything in it ...(This is a waiting room where people normally spend at least a half an hour in) I wanted it to look as busy as possible ... Thanks for the comments though! :D

#15 methodine

methodine

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 116 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 03:10 PM

I am glad to have these remarks good and bad ....let me explain this once again ..... The poster does not convey any message it is for a waiting room...it is a poster to look at and spend time trying to find everything in it ...(This is a waiting room where people normally spend at least a half an hour in) I wanted it to look as busy as possible ... Thanks for the comments though! :D

I think that poster will make your customers running out from there :)
...for another perspective

#16 exo

exo

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 76 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 05:09 PM

I think that poster will make your customers running out from there :)

lmao. That's pretty harsh man.

#17 Uniment1

Uniment1

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 381 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 06:08 AM

Nah I don't mind I like people that really express what they think ...thats the whole point of having an open Forum....;)

#18 BluI

BluI

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 05:11 PM

Only advice I can give is keep it simple. Mistake most make is buy adding to much. SImple usally turn out to be the best!

Keep it up!

#19 Akcium

Akcium

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 35 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 12:34 PM

Uniment1 work more on this poster....(it is for childrens ?)

#20 Akcium

Akcium

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 35 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 12:37 PM

thinking about ....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users