Looking for work

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 AssurancePro

AssurancePro

• Designer
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 09:06 PM

Hello, my name is Ryan from Assurance Productions, I am looking for anyone who needs logo design work, website creations, and more. You may view my site at assuranceproductions.com

#2 DtRiCk

DtRiCk

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 88 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 09:21 PM

Heh...You as well as the rest of us want some work :-P
Welcome though

• Guests

Posted 31 January 2006 - 09:36 PM

what's the point of showing your portfolio with a "coming soon" sign inside? ;)

#4 rucker

rucker

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 263 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 09:59 PM

This is...funny.

No portfolio, and I can almost swear the site is a template or very close to one I've seen that's overly used. Hmm... :confused:

#5 Uniment1

Uniment1

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 381 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 02:21 AM

Those buttons are a free button made by web template monster or something...I know about them ....or they were made as very close imitations...... hmmm site could use a little work i.e. the buttons on the nav bar all move around and some other little stuff.... not bad looking overall though....
www.uniment1.com :: Design Services

#6 Shutterbug

Shutterbug

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 40 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 02:35 AM

I like the shadows on the sides. I also like Verdana over Arial as a web typeface.

But, I am using Firefox 1.5 on OSX 10.3.9 and the buttons do not line up for some reason. The text part of the buttons are under the arrows in all but the clients button. The header could be smaller. It seems like the space above the AssuranceProductions.com could be removed to allow some more of the content to show without scrolling.

#7 rucker

rucker

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 263 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 02:55 AM

Those buttons are a free button made by web template monster or something...I know about them ....or they were made as very close imitations...... hmmm site could use a little work i.e. the buttons on the nav bar all move around and some other little stuff.... not bad looking overall though....

Why would a professional designer use free buttons from a template factory?

:cool:

#8 Uniment1

Uniment1

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 381 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 03:16 AM

Why would a professional designer use free buttons from a template factory?

:cool:

If they are templates ....whew! Beats me ??? :confused:

#9 grimsqueaker

grimsqueaker

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 97 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 04:44 PM

Now c'mon, there's nothing wrong with using templates. (although I mean, yes, you'll have to edit them a LOT, to add your own taste, style, etc.). there's no point in re-inventing hte wheel. If I wanted my webpage to look like something, would I code it from scratch or grab a template and fiddle with that?
But I agree with using template graphics for a graphic edsigner. That's a no-no. :p

#10 nevadabadgirl

nevadabadgirl

Guru

• Designer
  • 4217 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 05:03 PM

Hi, and welcome, but since web design is my thing, I had to make a few comments.

The header font is really bad...and that "style" that you put on the header is a preset from Photoshop...at least do something a bit original.

The resume button is about the ugliest thing I have ever seen...

Your CSS validates, but there are 31 errors in your HTML.

This site reminds me of what you get if you use the "create a web page" button in Image Ready.

Not bad for a beginner...but like most of us, there is still a lot to learn.
You MUST be an Elite Designer to enter the contests. Please go to www.designcontest.net and follow the link that says "Love to Design" to get more information and the requirements for joining. There are NO EXCEPTIONS.

#11 Uniment1

Uniment1

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 381 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 06:01 PM

One of my rules is try to never use templates or premade things with in any design program ..... just something I follow :rolleyes:

#12 Uniment1

Uniment1

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 381 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 04:48 PM

Could someone tell me what looks familiar in this page??? http://www.webdesign...der=date&from=2

#13 Stoyan_Daskalov

Stoyan_Daskalov

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 09:05 AM

uniment1 the problem is not in this button... the whole idea about a personal portfolio is a problem. I think that the "cooming soon" text does not mean "under construction" - it means that when he make something, he'll put it in there. But nothing for now.. Dude, you still don't have what to show to the others. There's no style in your design, no attension to the details, no vision... sorry :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users