• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 i_travin

i_travin

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 07:45 AM

hey guys...i m not sure if this is the right thread to post..so kindly tell me if i hav to post it elsewhere, anyway comin to the point.

since i m not a design team member, i cannot participate in the contests, but i do follow it a lot. in some casesi also try to participate in the sense not actually compete, but make the logo/desktop illustration myself, to try new things.

now i wanted to know if it would be a problem if i added them in my portfolio, like for e.g. we have the webhosting geeks contest, though i have no intention as such of submission i made a logo myself, so can i show it as part of my work, since the company as such hasn't asked me to.

i have seen some of the portfolios of design team members n i saw that they have put their entries in the contests as part of their portfolio even though they haven't won the contest. so jus wanted to know if registered users can also do the same.

ps: once again, the idea is not to pst the entries here in the forum, but as part of my website or other avenues where i display my work. :)

• Guests

Posted 29 March 2006 - 02:25 PM

Sure, it is your work and you can post it in your portfolio!

#3 mdesignr

mdesignr

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 30 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 03:52 PM

I think that you can post them also, because it is you work. however, just a bit of caution, i would add some where that it is a contest entry. this way if someone stumbles onto from where ever there is no infringement on that particular company.

#4 i_travin

i_travin

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 04:31 PM

thanx...jus wanted to make sure jus to avoid hassles in future...

• Guests

Posted 29 March 2006 - 05:35 PM

I think that you can post them also, because it is you work. however, just a bit of caution, i would add some where that it is a contest entry. this way if someone stumbles onto from where ever there is no infringement on that particular company.

yes, we've discussed a similar issue in "fake portfolio" thread

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users