&nsbp;

#1 gigs

gigs

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 09:43 AM

Hello, I'm new here :)
I want to join The Design Team, but it needs 4 requirements that I only have not this one : Paypal account, since they doesn't allowed my country, Indonesia.
Otherwise I have account in IKOBO ( www.ikobo.com ) for payment that my clients out there pay me and all works well. Can you (moderator/owner of this site) consider & learn about ikobo as one of payment methode?
this will help me :)

thank you
- gigs

• Guests

Posted 04 April 2006 - 05:30 PM

We regret to say, but at the moment we work with PayPal only. However you may consider finiding somebody (in the USA for example) who could accept the payments for you.

#3 VC29

VC29

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 10:27 PM

Hello I am new, how do i setup a paypal account to get paid? Does it cost anything? And how do I create the form to enter a contest?

• Guests

Posted 07 April 2006 - 11:53 AM

Hello I am new, how do i setup a paypal account to get paid? Does it cost anything? And how do I create the form to enter a contest?

you should check out www.PayPal.com and try to browse through the links on the main page of www.DesignContest.com - shouldn't be too complicated

#5 Uniment1

Uniment1

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 381 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 01:21 PM

Nah paypal does'nt cost anything to setup..... try going through the setup ....if you have all "your papers" you should be fine.....
www.uniment1.com :: Design Services

#6 d-sign

d-sign

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 03:11 PM

Yeah, I can't use the paypal either.
maybe I'll think of moving from this country :D :D :D
hmmm.... can paypal be linked to ikobo? :D

#7 Uniment1

Uniment1

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 381 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 08:30 PM

hey sergey ....just a thought ....why don't you set the payment system up so people who can't get paypal can still compete! Heres a thought..... Pay by check or money order .... but obviously there may be some more expense on your side of things so maybe more non-paypal people the prize funds are like $20 less (to cover your time and money) that way anybody will be able to compete in the Design Contests....
please tell me what you think.
As always hope this helps

;)
www.uniment1.com :: Design Services

#8 /* No Comment*/

/* No Comment*/

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 07:08 AM

My country(croatia) isn't yet in paypal... so what can I do... is it possible to do something with bank account

• Guests

Posted 08 April 2006 - 06:24 PM

My country(croatia) isn't yet in paypal... so what can I do... is it possible to do something with bank account

I am sorry, but PayPal is the only option at the moment.

#10 SNPH42

SNPH42

• Designer
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 03:18 PM

We regret to say, but at the moment we work with PayPal only. However you may consider finiding somebody (in the USA for example) who could accept the payments for you.

I am in the same trouble> the paying part is my only problem to join the Design Team. My country(Serbia) isn't on the PayPal list. I want to ask You about what You mentioned here> how can I find somebody to accept the payments, and how would that work? Thank You in advance for Your help!

#11 Feim

Feim

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 03:42 PM

True that Logoholik, I can't use paypal either, though Moneybookers are good, which I think admins should consider. )=

#12 ulahts

ulahts

• Designer
  • 177 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 09:43 AM

PayPal® does not work for me neither. Other payment methods should be considered in
the future and would be a nice and why not a profitabile move from the admins.
Looking forward in the forums. ;)

Best

#13 JAZZZ

JAZZZ

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 365 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 10:28 PM

Hello Everyone.
Same problem, No Paypal in my country (Pakistan) either.
i had used my friend's Paypal account (who is in US) for recieving the payments so far.
But now, i cann't use His Paypal for some personal reasons.
Like Paypal, one other Money Transfer service is accepted worldwide. its "Western Union" (www.westernunion.com)
You can tranfer the money online through your "Credit card" to the person anywhere in the world (no need of credit card or any bank account for the reciviever)
I think the Moderators/Admins can trust "western union" as it is recognised worlwide just like the Paypal.
Any advancement in the payment method would defenatily improve the reputation of the Designcontest.net
Thanks,
Jazzz.
Waleed Mushtaq | Online Portfolio

#14 nevadabadgirl

nevadabadgirl

Guru

• Designer
  • 4217 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 03:52 AM

The issue with this is that my credit cards are personal....as is my paypal. I am looking into some other payment options that does not tie up my personal credit line.
You MUST be an Elite Designer to enter the contests. Please go to www.designcontest.net and follow the link that says "Love to Design" to get more information and the requirements for joining. There are NO EXCEPTIONS.

#15 Feim

Feim

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 04:34 PM

nevadabadgirl,

Well moneybookers can transfer money directly to your bank account, so credit card is not really neccesary there. /=

#16 d-sign

d-sign

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 06:16 AM

I got an idea,
what if one of us that have paypal account becoming an agent, and the money can be sent to him/her, and then he/she sent that to us, by moneybookers, ikobo or others. Of course there will be some kind of charges by the agent.
:)

#17 Feim

Feim

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 03:23 PM

d-sign, the idea sounds great, though this thread seems to be dead. /=

#18 nevadabadgirl

nevadabadgirl

Guru

• Designer
  • 4217 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 04:39 PM

At this time, I can pay anyone who can accept MasterCard. There will be an additional $5 fee for this service (out of the contest money). Also, any fees incurred by the payment processor (moneybookers, ikobo, etc) will be deducted from the prize money.

When you win a contest, you will need to tell me which payment options you use.

Paypal will still have no additional fees.
You MUST be an Elite Designer to enter the contests. Please go to www.designcontest.net and follow the link that says "Love to Design" to get more information and the requirements for joining. There are NO EXCEPTIONS.

#19 Feim

Feim

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 05:33 PM

Ok, so if I specify my moneybookers e-mail, in join the team form, that won't be a problem?

#20 nevadabadgirl

nevadabadgirl

Guru

• Designer
  • 4217 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 08:08 PM

If they accept MasterCard, it shouldn't be. Researching the various payment methods will be up to the designer. Any extra fees incurred will be taken out of the prize money.

I should indicate here that if a designer joins the design team, and cannot use paypal or accept mastercard, there are no other payment methods available at this time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users