Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

Summer Rocks! - Flash Postcard contest :: April 18, 2006

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

• Guests

Posted 04 April 2006 - 07:48 PM

Description: Unlike DC identity contest, here we are not going to have lots of specifications. The variety of styles and methods of presentation of your work is appreciated. We are going to make a postcard in Flash, well let me put it this way - we are going to explore the subject "Summer Rocks!"

Requirements: You can make anything - any kind of animation or still artwork, though it 1. has to be vector 2. has to be done in Flash 3.all the elements have to be created by you.

Dimentions: vector works are easily scaleable so the size doesn't matter that much, but just to be on the same grounds let's work on the standard Flash canvas of 550x400px. However if your idea requires any different proportions, please, go ahead and change it.

The Prize: I am happy to say that in this contest we are going to have 3 winners. Each of them will receive one of the cources from www.CartoonSmart.com (if your internet connection doesn't allow you to download your prize, it will be sent to you on a CD). I have watched the drawing and animation courses and I should say it is a great prize for the contest, definitely worth it. In addition to the video tutorials, the first place winner will get the DC t-shirt with free world wide delivery! I am sure you will have lots of fun during this contest it really gives a lot of space for your creativity!

The contest is sponsored by www.CartoonSmart.com

It will be moderated but Justin and DC mods. However, keep in mind that any of you can post your comments about the entries in this contest. Have fun and good luck!

#2 chromeguy

chromeguy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 53 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 07:59 PM

I've downloaded a few of Justin's videos and must say they are enjoyable as well as informative... good stuff there.
Sometimes you feel like a nut, other times, you just look like one...

#3 cartoonsmart

cartoonsmart

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 03:39 PM

Justin here! Just checking in on the forum. Lets get some submissions up here for review. I'll add a link on the site do add some fuel to this fire.

later, Justin ( at CartoonSmart.com)

#4 Uniment1

Uniment1

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 381 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 03:18 AM

I'll get a little something in...... of the next few days I will make something.....
Nate
www.uniment1.com :: Design Services

#5 stones

stones

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 11:20 PM

what about music? I can't imagine the summer rocking in complete silence and I'm no music man. Would free audio loops and samples be ok?

• Guests

Posted 13 April 2006 - 11:23 PM

what about music? I can't imagine the summer rocking in complete silence and I'm no music man. Would free audio loops and samples be ok?

absolutely! you can use any music in your works, just make sure you have the right to :) and don't forget to provide the credit where it is due.

#7 grimsqueaker

grimsqueaker

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 97 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 12:48 AM

Oh! Flash!
Not my forte, but I'll see if I have time to give it a try. I've visited your website a few times and it's really cool. :D

#8 grimsqueaker

grimsqueaker

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 97 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 09:33 PM

Any chance of extending this contest? I haven't had time to give it a go - and creating in flash takes a while. :)

#9 Uniment1

Uniment1

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 381 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 02:28 AM

yea I am making something but will not have it done in time... :D more time? please

#10 bhairavi

bhairavi

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 07:42 PM

Oppppps !!!! really missing all this fun. I am out of my home country and do not have enough softwares to enter OR atleast creat anything.:(

• Guests

Posted 19 April 2006 - 08:03 PM

yes, this contest will definitely be extended. you know we'll need at least a couple entries to choose from :)

#12 dachronik

dachronik

• Designer
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 03:08 AM

hello all,
I haven't posted anything as yet, or don't remember, but i have been watching the site for a little while and i am finally gonna enter one of the contests. I didn't start something for this because it was like three days b4 the entry date and i was like ok maybe next time......
I am wondering what date the contest will be extended to so that I have an idea of how much i can do and how little time I HAVE TO COMPLETE IT. Thank ya in advance
jean

#13 bhairavi

bhairavi

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 05:37 PM

Eager to see entries from flash masters!!!;)

#14 apresico

apresico

Guru

• Designer
  • 1210 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 11:30 PM

I am not a flash master by no means, but I will enter anyways :>

• Guests

Posted 02 May 2006 - 06:29 PM

not a single entry??? wow, something is wrong with this contest...

#16 eapdesign

eapdesign

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 102 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 09:27 PM

i'm workin' hard to try to get an entry into this one. flash is fun but kinda time consuming also! :)

• Guests

Posted 02 May 2006 - 09:49 PM

i'm workin' hard to try to get an entry into this one. flash is fun but kinda time consuming also! :)

ok, looking forward to seeing it!

#18 Uniment1

Uniment1

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 381 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 09:06 PM

I was working on one ...lol but my room is being renovated lol by the end of this week I will be set back up and I will get something in .... sorry about the delay...lol I did not realize my room was to be renovated so soon!! :( :rolleyes: but I will get something in or at least try as hard as possible to have something in...Thanks for not ending the contest! ;)

#19 a_mahstudios

a_mahstudios

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 01:33 AM

Is this contest still active? I was planning on entering, but I've had some problems with my laptop that were only fixed the other day. I've never used Flash3 before, so I wouldn't have been able to enter anyway. Nice prize though!

#20 WickedMind

WickedMind

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 70 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 05:27 PM

ROCK ME SUMMER < Click

No idea if this contest is still running, but saw it and thought I'd enter in with this illustration I made in Flash. Contains very little animation and even that which is in it is hard to see at once.

Done more for the illustration rather then the animation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users