Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

painting: j'ai sur l'ame un cercle lumineaux qui voyage

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

• Guests

Posted 10 June 2006 - 08:08 PM

the subject is the topic we were given at the university for one of our projects. It is a line from some French poetry piece and translates somewhat close to "I have a circle of light on my soul that travels" It didn't have to be a painting, in fact it could be anything from videoart to installation, but I thought that the newly painted walls in my room lack something and I decided to try painting something to hang. It's actually the first time I work with canvas, but the experience has been fun so far. The work isn't finished yet and I am probably going to redo the orange head, but I like the look of the blue guy very much. The picture was taken with the phone camera, so you can't really see much :(

The idea behind the work was that there are two dudes in the soul and whenever one falls asleep the other grabs the halo and takes his turn to guide the soul :) Will post the updates!

No reference was used... maybe that's why the orange guy doesn't want to come out well :)
Posted Image

#2 _Redrum

_Redrum

Retired Admin

• Designer
  • 1957 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 08:48 PM

I really like where this is going. To continue my suggestion would be to just punch the light up as much as possible on the characters, but keep the dark as well. Maybe have the halo as the source of light (which I think you have already) and make everything close to it nice and bright. It's gonna look neat, I'm sure.

Good work :)

#3 Max

Max

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 262 posts

Posted 11 June 2006 - 03:00 AM

If I had such blue dude as second part of my soul I would make more paintings. :) Nice work!

• Guests

Posted 11 June 2006 - 06:35 PM

Thanks guys! I've worked some more on the painting, will upload updates soon!

• Guests

Posted 13 June 2006 - 06:37 PM

update:
(I need a better camera)

• Guests

Posted 13 June 2006 - 06:44 PM

and once again: my camera sucks :)

I guess it'll be the final version. I'll try and find a better camera to take a clearer picture

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users