• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 e.tachka

e.tachka

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 11:25 AM

I am presenting you a proposal for the Daily newspaper Logo with working title PULS (Pulse) - of Serbia, which is going to be published in September this year for the first time; offices are located in Belgrade.

[IMG][IMG]http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/9177/pulsik9.jpg[/IMG][/IMG]

I have to remind you that it should be printed Cyrillic, but it is possible Latin print, in Serbia both scripts are in use.
My intention was to make simple design inspired with Gestalt psychology, which suggest that no idea is comprehensible out of context.
I am wondering how much I succeeded in making this word recognizable in any language.

I will really appreciate your opinions.

• Guests

Posted 10 August 2006 - 06:47 PM

The logo is great. At least if I look at from the point of view of the Cyrilic font. But I am not sure how well it would work for a newspaper. Traditionally newspaper logos are more complex. It would definitely work for an online news portal though.

#3 e.tachka

e.tachka

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 09:02 AM

Thank you resurepus, I agree whit you that newspapers tradition requires different approach. I guess I was hoping that this is not going to be a traditional newspaper, at least it doesn’t have to be, and this is the twenty first century.

• Guests

Posted 11 August 2006 - 06:00 PM

Allright :)
Anyways, even though this logo uses Cyrillic characters, I am really curious what other members think about its 1.general feel 2.whether it can work as a logo for a newspaper or not.

So I have placed the link to this thread on the front page of the website. Hope it'll help to get some responces.

#5 e.tachka

e.tachka

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 09:23 AM

Sounds great, thank you :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users