• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 zabman44

zabman44

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 09:26 PM

Basically my question is how exactly does the payment on this site work. Considering I just joined here, I know I will have to prove myself with a portfolio of my work to show you guys that I know what I am doing. When I win a "contest", is there a certain % of the money that the admin of the site takes or is it all to the winner of the contest? If someone could respond to that question and also show me a portfolio that they created that is at the right caliber for joining the design team, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.

#2 rinaldidesigns

rinaldidesigns

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2258 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 09:39 PM

Hello Zabmann44...
:)welcome to Design contest....I believe the answer to alot of your questions can be found here...http://www.designcon...m/forum/faq.php
:)

#3 nevadabadgirl

nevadabadgirl

Guru

• Designer
  • 4217 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 10:59 PM

In answer to your payment question, the prize money that is listed in the contests all goes to the designer who wins.

The only exceptions are if you use a payment gateway other than paypal...then I deduct whatever fees the gateway you use charges. Also, if I have to use a MasterCard to pay you, there is a $5 fee.
You MUST be an Elite Designer to enter the contests. Please go to www.designcontest.net and follow the link that says "Love to Design" to get more information and the requirements for joining. There are NO EXCEPTIONS.

#4 _Redrum

_Redrum

Retired Admin

• Designer
  • 1957 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 11:07 PM

To view some Design Team worthy portfolios simply click on the username of any Design Team Member (title below username). You'll usually find a menu option to view their homepage.

#5 zabman44

zabman44

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 11:50 PM

Thank you all for the rapid responses, I actually have one more question if you dont mind. Basically, do you guys have animated logo contests? (I am pretty good at animating logos effectively and I like doing it) After I get it uploaded to my server I will post the link to the VIMO logo that I animated (saw it as a project here and decided to play around with it).

Alright, well check it out and tell me what you think :)

http://www.articlema... logo/vimo2.htm

Thanks again.

#6 _Redrum

_Redrum

Retired Admin

• Designer
  • 1957 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 03:36 AM

Love it! Though you should post that kind of stuff in the Showoff forum:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users