Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

More sections on DC

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

• Guests

Posted 16 September 2006 - 03:21 PM

What would you guys say about more sections on DC? If we create something to discuss practical information? something specific, say a contest on Vector Graphics? or Photoshop? or Flash? or HTML? Which one would be more interesting for you? would such a forum get it's dose of threads and replies? would you personally post in it?

I am really looking forward to hearing you input about this! Thanks!

#2 rinaldidesigns

rinaldidesigns

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2258 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 04:04 PM

I think a forum discussion on vector graphics would be great.......photoshop as well...a place where we could exchange ideas, problems, links general discussion about....and I think it would definitely get its fair dose of threads...:)

#3 Al3x

Al3x

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 200 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 05:12 PM

I am in agreement with Rinaldidesigns here.

#4 Nicholas

Nicholas

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 164 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 02:03 AM

I have noticed that it is pretty hard to find the actual art work the winner of past contests have won with - due to either so many pages the contest has or a broken link.

I am proposing that we have a page for the winners art-work to be displayed and the image hosted here on the site so it doesn't get lost.

I think that it will not only be insperation for us the users/artists but also I think it will help also put the spotlight on the art for the people/companies that come here to get their logo designed or have other work done for them.

In all, I think a new section such as this one would be awsome! All I see is pro's and not one con.

Maybe having it look like so:

THREAD
*Contest Winners And The Final Render!:
-
IN THREAD
*Business Name - Artist Name
-
*Info on the business with a starting note of - Contest Winner "Artist Name"
*Photo of winners piece below that info

And so on -- with comments locked so this can be where people can scroll through all the winners starting from when this page is created a sort of "Central" spot for the winners - because every contest (with exceptions) has a winner! So a winner section would be awsome to have in my opinion!

I know that there is a "Finished Contests" section here, but like I said - they are full of broken links - but have other peoples ideas also - I'm suggesting a Thread on the main page of just the winners and to keep it organized like I said, have it so no one can post but the administrators so it is clean, mainstream and you don't have to go everywhere to find a certain winners piece. :D

Thank you for this thread and for my having the opportunity to help it with ideas!

Nikoli

#5 Al3x

Al3x

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 200 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 01:33 PM

That's a very good idea you have there, one that is very interesting too, altough I don't tend to look at old threads. If you know who the winner is then wouldn't you go to the winners site or something to see the finished product?

#6 Nicholas

Nicholas

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 164 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 02:29 PM

Good thought - we can have the site of the contest holder and see the finished product on their site :D

- It's not just seeing the finished product, it's also showing it off. What I mean is, it should part of the central part of the site; it's not only us but the contest holders that would most likely want to see something like this I'm betting. Because seing at the end of a post - "so and so won" Isn't very pleasent when you have to scroll through page after page to find the actual piece that won.

I'm sure we lost potential contest holders because of the fact there isn't something like this. - thanks for the reply Al3x!

#7 vkw91

vkw91

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 03:48 PM

what about something like a directory of the designers or maybe somewhere where designers can advertise any services they offer?
portfolio now onlinewww.vkw91.co.uk

#8 vkw91

vkw91

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 03:50 PM

sorry for double posting but how about something about design software in general ... i.e. where people can post when they are having problems with a piece of software for help.
portfolio now onlinewww.vkw91.co.uk

#9 amidesign13

amidesign13

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 02:47 AM

I am in agree with Nicholas!

#10 xpressions

xpressions

• Designer
  • 95 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 08:30 PM

That would be fantastic! And maybe the contest holder could send pictures of say, their stationary, showcasing the winning design. I know I would love to see that with my design on it.

I have noticed that it is pretty hard to find the actual art work the winner of past contests have won with - due to either so many pages the contest has or a broken link.

I am proposing that we have a page for the winners art-work to be displayed and the image hosted here on the site so it doesn't get lost.

I think that it will not only be insperation for us the users/artists but also I think it will help also put the spotlight on the art for the people/companies that come here to get their logo designed or have other work done for them.

In all, I think a new section such as this one would be awsome! All I see is pro's and not one con.

Maybe having it look like so:

THREAD
*Contest Winners And The Final Render!:
-
IN THREAD
*Business Name - Artist Name
-
*Info on the business with a starting note of - Contest Winner "Artist Name"
*Photo of winners piece below that info

And so on -- with comments locked so this can be where people can scroll through all the winners starting from when this page is created a sort of "Central" spot for the winners - because every contest (with exceptions) has a winner! So a winner section would be awsome to have in my opinion!

I know that there is a "Finished Contests" section here, but like I said - they are full of broken links - but have other peoples ideas also - I'm suggesting a Thread on the main page of just the winners and to keep it organized like I said, have it so no one can post but the administrators so it is clean, mainstream and you don't have to go everywhere to find a certain winners piece. :D

Thank you for this thread and for my having the opportunity to help it with ideas!

Nikoli

#11 Nicholas

Nicholas

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 164 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 11:01 PM

Thanks you guys :D I still think it's a great idea and I hope the mods take it into concideration!

#12 kvasaclimited

kvasaclimited

• Designer
  • 97 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 12:27 PM

How about friendly art duel thread? A place where you can compete your design entries with other designs from DC Forums. Votes of the forum members would decide winner during 14 days period.
Dragan Ciric
AetherScapes

#13 Clean-Style

Clean-Style

Banned

• Banned
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 12:23 PM

How about a tutorial section?

Users would contribute (or ask for) tips and tutorials revolving around photo effects/retouching, text effects, buttons, or general design ideas.

You can add a twist to the section, by requiring new users to contribute a specific number of tutorials, or have a "best tutorial" contest each week, etc.

#14 lil_azrael

lil_azrael

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 22 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 11:05 AM

i don't know about the tutorial section, the net is full of that....and a discussion abt vector graphics or photoshop would be great(i'm a fan of bouth), a topic there eveyone would post their work or maybe battles on specific themes . 2nd: more jobs, more offers. i've searched google a lot and this forum is really cool...imho. keep up the good work!
God is within.
www.pixel2dor.uv.ro

#15 linox

linox

• Designer
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 03:20 PM

I totally agree with Rinaldidesigns. And there may be a section for various GD resources, like books with reviews from designers. Users which are not in Design Team can use this kind of resources, as well Design Team members.
For example, there are lot of resources on Photoshop but which one you find most usefull?
www.prepressing.com

• Guests

Posted 08 January 2007 - 06:16 PM

I totally agree with Rinaldidesigns. And there may be a section for various GD resources, like books with reviews from designers. Users which are not in Design Team can use this kind of resources, as well Design Team members.
For example, there are lot of resources on Photoshop but which one you find most usefull?

yes, that would be great if we could share information more actively. But even if there's no special section right now we can always post reviews in the Design Chat forum.

#17 linox

linox

• Designer
  • 24 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 10:59 AM

yes, that would be great if we could share information more actively. But even if there's no special section right now we can always post reviews in the Design Chat forum.

But I think it would be great if DC has a separate section on this....
www.prepressing.com

#18 sammyrafie

sammyrafie

• Designer
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 02:32 AM

section : All About Design

subs : history of, trends, concepts, etc...

the idea is to share basic informations about design...

#19 jjyepez

jjyepez

Guru

• Designer
  • 955 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 06:05 AM

What about a "TIPS & TRICKS" section? Somthing like tutorials but no so extense ... just TIPS & TRICKS on using PS filters or tools in vector programs or something like that, just a "design pill", maybe just a couple of screenshots and some descriptive text.

"TIPS & TRICKS" .... some pills of knowledge in graphics design!

#20 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 05:20 PM

What about a "TIPS & TRICKS" section? Somthing like tutorials but no so extense ... just TIPS & TRICKS on using PS filters or tools in vector programs or something like that, just a "design pill", maybe just a couple of screenshots and some descriptive text.

"TIPS & TRICKS" .... some pills of knowledge in graphics design!

those are covered.
Vector Graphics - Design Contest Forums

Design Chat - Design Contest Forums

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users