• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 Ladylumini

Ladylumini

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 82 posts

Posted 12 January 2004 - 08:34 PM

I have just recently designed a layout for my site. I feel a bit frustrated... well because I can't ever make up my mind for a layout when it comes to my own website. I always change it like 20 times. I fear I'll be doing this again. Just wondering if anyone could take some time to check out my site and tell me what they think? This would be for business and professional but I'm not sure if I am in the right direction for myself...

(bangs head on desk) lol...I wish I knew flash...

Well, again thanks and hope to hear your thoughts.

Julia

My Site

#2 simplistik

simplistik

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 216 posts

Posted 12 January 2004 - 09:14 PM

Hehe, I know how you feel... if you check out my site... it's on maybe the 20th un-official design. :( , not to mention I think I forgot to embed my flash font so on some computers it comes up all janky.

Anyway, as for your site... the first thing that comes to my mind is that the front splash may be a little too busy. And for some reason when I look at your site I imagine, 3 frame sets... a top, bottom, and middle. Instead of the middle scrolling up and down have it scrolling left and right. I like the way idea you have with the background and stuff but I don't know that it necessarly flows with your art. You have really good illustrations, and it almost seems like the layout is taking away from the focus of that. Anywho, yea, that's it. I dunno, I'm just a loley designer.

www.beyondthepixel.com - a multimedia affair
··························································
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
-Leonardo da Vinci

#3 Neupix

Neupix

Design Team Member

• Designer
  • 1146 posts

Posted 12 January 2004 - 10:44 PM

I think its a really great design.... but for your portfolio, I think its a little to busy. I have to agree completely with everything Simplistik said... it really does take away from what you want everyone to see, which is your art :)

The decision is up to you though.. I have the same dilemmas myself every month or so (or even three times in november :p). I just have a really hard time designing my own site, and deciding to keep or trash a layout idea.

Good luck with whatever you decide ;)
Neupix Media | Nip Napp! < iPhone App Reviews and News | Citrik Acid

#4 Ladylumini

Ladylumini

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 82 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 02:16 AM

Thanks guys! I feel you're right...I really wish I knew exactly what I would stick with and also have a design that fits for the purpose of showcasing my portfolio. I will definately go back and brainstorm on a different layout. I think i try so hard to put so much that I forget that simple is better. I just wish i could make something that works...lol

Take care!
Julia
Freelance Graphic Designer & Illustrator
Illustration
Graphic Design

#5 simplistik

simplistik

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 216 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 03:36 AM

Don't beat yourself up, you're an awesome artist. We've all had that same issue. You'll come up with something though.

www.beyondthepixel.com - a multimedia affair
··························································
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
-Leonardo da Vinci

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users