• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 Dailynh

Dailynh

• Designer
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:51 AM

Hello,

I uploaded the maximum number of revisions to a contest, one of them was liked; it received 80 points. After that, I uploaded one more and 3 were rated low; meaning that I'm left with no more logo entries. Then, the contest holder lets me know that she/he likes my design and asks me if I could post more revisions. I tried the live chat but they only told me that "as long as CH rates your work 30+ rating, you have the ability to upload entries." Do I just tell the client that I'm over my limit? I don't want to seem unprofessional. Thanks!

#2 Babba

Babba

Lead Moderator

• Designer
  • 36575 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:52 PM

Contest: Shower Glass Website Logo
Dailynh, admins are right - your first 2 designs were rated above 30 points, and CH asked you for more versions based on that, giving you 2 more uploads to go, which you have used, and get low scores, unfortunately.
That means you have no more options at this moment.
You have to move on another level by scoring other contests or by participating in forum.

#3 Dailynh

Dailynh

• Designer
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:15 PM

Ok, thanks for your help. I will see what I can do in that case. :)

#4 Babba

Babba

Lead Moderator

• Designer
  • 36575 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:05 PM

You are welcome! Good luck and don't let this temporary upload limit discourage you:).

#5 HerbertNordal

HerbertNordal

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 3433 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:40 PM

limiting the number of entries is a problem for low ranking designers and new contest holders. Other design contest sites do not do this. If the large number of designs in an unlimited contest is a problem, increase your service capacity and encourage the contest holders to quickly eliminate unliked designs. If that is unacceptable, just double the limit size and see what happens.
Administrative limits are discouraging to the creative process. In my humble opinion, thanks

#6 HerbertNordal

HerbertNordal

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 3433 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:24 PM

At least allow designers to withdraw rejected or low rated designs to make room for new, requested, alterations. This could help unclutter the contest and encourage a healthy cycle for Contest Holder direction to a successful conclusion.

#7 Elijah

Elijah

• Designer
  • 200 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:39 AM

OR...if you have a low ranking it might be because you suck and dont deserve to upload any more "designs". and that way the CH is protected from shitty design spam.

Not talking about anyone in specific but i have seen a lot of that lately.

#8 3187mohit

3187mohit

• Designer
  • 113 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:49 AM

You should interact with CH openly about your limits, If Ch likes your posts, you'll definitely get more chances.
All the best!

#9 Dailynh

Dailynh

• Designer
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:53 PM

Thank you very much. :) I recently leveled up so I'm good for now.. lol

#10 Dailynh

Dailynh

• Designer
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:58 PM

This sounds like a great idea. At least for me.. I made really simple mistakes when I first started off here and I would have given anything to have a withdraw button. It was so bad that all 3 designs had a similar problem and they were all rejected. :/

#11 Babba

Babba

Lead Moderator

• Designer
  • 36575 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:59 PM

Dailynh, you can go to live chat with admins when you have problem with submitted design.

#12 SiPilyo

SiPilyo

Banned

• Banned
  • 79 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:32 PM

Just try to level up/ There are many ways to level up. When we level up, we can submit more and more entries!

#13 Meowchi

Meowchi

Banned

• Banned
  • 71 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:48 AM

Hello,

I uploaded the maximum number of revisions to a contest, one of them was liked; it received 80 points. After that, I uploaded one more and 3 were rated low; meaning that I'm left with no more logo entries. Then, the contest holder lets me know that she/he likes my design and asks me if I could post more revisions. I tried the live chat but they only told me that "as long as CH rates your work 30+ rating, you have the ability to upload entries." Do I just tell the client that I'm over my limit? I don't want to seem unprofessional. Thanks!

------------------

I honestly thought about it this way before... Thanks to Sharie who explained everything to me and I learned a lot from it. :) You know, Dailynh, it's not being unprofessional when you ask the CH to rate your work just because you have reached your submission limit. Just ask the CH in a nice and humble way, and so, explain your situation (about limited submissions) :) there's nothing wrong with that, esp. when you have a great work. :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: contest, upload

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users