mirror wordpress website

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 Ammar11

Ammar11

• Designer
  • 197 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:00 PM

1 . First decide where you want to host your mirror website. If you want local access only, you can host your installation locally on your PC.
2.Set up your mirror URL. From yout domain name control panel, add a sub-domain for the mirror site. If you are working on a local host, install WAMP and set up the directory local host to access through your browser. If you are working on a remote host, select a domain like mirror.yourdomain.com.
3.Install WordPress in the mirror directory. You can setup a new WordPress site using the WordPress installation wizard or the hosting WordPress installation tool to.
4.Copy theproduction WordPress site to your new installation. There is a user friendly export/import utility in WordPress that will automate your data transfer. You will find this function under the WP tools menu.
5.Copy your template and then set your file permissions. Use an FTP client to copy your theme files and to set your file permissions on your mirror site so that it matches your production site. Make sure you have a .htaccess file that is WordPress with 775 file permission.

#2 uno

uno

• Designer
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 05:42 AM

Hello this was something I needed to do as well, only I wanted it automated.

I wanted a mirror of domain www.example1.com to www.example2.com.

This mirror needed to be fully functional, so that means all the URL's need to be changed from example1.com to example2.com in the database.

This needs to be done so that all the links and internal URLs point to example2.com on the mirrored domain.

All uploaded data needed to be synchronized from www.example1.com to www.example2.com

What I did was create three scripts to do just that for me and I never need to worry about it, it's self maintained!

This software is free open source and available on Github, below is a post I made on the process I used.

http://www.dyncomp.n...another-domain/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mirror wordpress website

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users