Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

Phone support: Closed

We are back in: 1h 20m

Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

Considering running Parallels w/ X6 on Mac, Any experience with that setup?

• Please log in to reply

#1 saeedart

saeedart

Banned

• Banned
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:13 AM

I've been a CorelDraw user for about 13 years now and am looking at this new setup. I have a MacBook Pro that's about a year old and I loaded it up recently with 16 Gb of RAM from Crucial. It's running Mountain Lion. My current PC that I run X6 on daily seems to be on it's last leg.

I've been doing some research and looking at running Parallels 8 with Windows 8 Pro and running X6 on the Mac. Looking at the Parallels info I've found and videos on YouTube, it looks like it's pretty tightly integrated and smooth where even files saved in a windows app will save on the Mac side, but I know some people run in to snags with Parallels. In fact, I run AccuRip as my rip software for outputting film in my screen printing business. I contacted them to ask if the rip would work in Parallels and the tech there said it should run fine, but said he thinks both OS's will be bogged down and run slow even with 16 gigs of RAM. I'm not really interested in running Boot Camp. I think I'd just rather invest in another PC and have 2 machines I could run at the same time like I currently do if I was going to do that. But I thought I'd touch base here and see if anyone's had any experience with Parallels and CorelDraw or if anyone's running it currently with success, or any possible snags to consider.

Thanks in advance for the info!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users