Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

Phone support: Closed

We are back in: 1h 20m

Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

how to turn photoshop files into vectors?

text-transform command

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 benwick

benwick

• Designer
  • 72 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:29 PM

i heard there is a way but its complicated? i have tried to switch from photoshop to illustrator and i cant. im finding it way too difficult. so i'd like to try this method. any suggestions? thanks for your help.

#2 Babba

Babba

Lead Moderator

• Designer
  • 36474 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:40 PM

Benwick, there is a closest way, but it is complicated, especially if you are using PSD effects. Usually, at the end when people made something in PSD at the end they convert the file with "high quality image tracing". But, that is not good option for the client. It is hardly editable as a final product in Ai... We can not call it "vector based design".
Our work, especially logo design, must be initially created as a vector file. So, suggestion is start to learn to work with Ai. It is not difficult as you may think at beginning. There are many great tutorials.

#3 benwick

benwick

• Designer
  • 72 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:04 PM

thanks for the reply. do you know of any tutorials specifically? thanks in advance.

#4 Babba

Babba

Lead Moderator

• Designer
  • 36474 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:19 PM

Benwick, I am not sure what tutorials could be the best, but most of them are useful. I don't know, I forgot many of them... maybe try with one first (basics) Beginning Illustrator Lesson 1: Vectors vs. Pixels - YouTube - this will explain you about the PSD & Ai difference.
20 Basic Illustrator Tutorials Every Beginner Should See Illustrator Training Course | Vector Diary
Or you can get great tutorial on YouTube... lynda.com is good lynda.com - YouTube
The Ultimate Collection of Adobe Illustrator Tutorials – Beginner to Advanced
It depends what "problem" you are facing with... there are tutorial for everything.

Hoping that will help you.

#5 3187mohit

3187mohit

• Designer
  • 113 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:19 PM

one another great tutor is "abduzeedo"..his tutorials are amazing..for both vectors and pixels..

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: text-transform command

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users