Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

Phone support: Closed

We are back in: 1h 20m

Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

any body help me about this effect how i make this effect in photo shop ?

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 rajagee

rajagee

• Designer
  • 225 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:50 AM

any body help me about this glassy effect on business card how i make this effect in photo shop ?
any tutorial & video please share thanks
i am very thankful to you;)

Attached Files

Edited by rajagee, 10 July 2013 - 07:53 AM.

#2 HappyGD

HappyGD

• Designer
  • 2731 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 02:17 AM

Hi rajagee,

It looks like this image was originally rendered with 3d software. But the same effect can be done in Photoshop. There's probably many ways to do this with a combination of gradients, splatter brushes, textured channels, and filters.

I tried a different way that came out ok... I just took an existing photo of a business card, separated the glossiness and applied it to my own test card. Then I just added some reflections. I did this really quickly though so it might look alot better if you took more time. For some reason it won't let me upload or insert the image so here is a link to it: View image: bus card Hope this helps you out

#3 rajagee

rajagee

• Designer
  • 225 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:29 AM

Hello HappyDG,
thanks for feedback yes i need this one please send me tutorial or other files thanks

#4 HappyGD

HappyGD

• Designer
  • 2731 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 02:22 PM

Hello again,
There is no tutorial, I just made it myself. Here is the image I used: http://rockdesign.co...cards2_6327.jpg All it uses is gradients and random images that look like reflects... that's what gives objects a "glassy" look to them.
Like this one here: http://tasteofink.co...rds_spot_uv.png as an example all you need to do is take a white brush and apply it over the card, then blur and change opacity

Hope this helps

#5 rajagee

rajagee

• Designer
  • 225 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:30 AM

Thanks for guide but i need step by step guideline please help thanks

#6 HappyGD

HappyGD

• Designer
  • 2731 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 03:21 AM

hmm I don't remember exactly what I did step by step. Maybe sometime when I have time I will screencap what to do

#7 krisdesign

krisdesign

• Designer
  • 194 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:56 AM

Do not forget to always bad effect on anything you do in Photoshop to be bad, because it is only for photoshop pixel, not a vector! primarily think some objects if they are made in Illustrator and imported into Photoshop as a Smart effects. Of course they will layerisati to some extent, but when reduced to a minimum will be krezavi-especially thoughts on your own font.

As for the glass, it's a good effect in the use of other types of print design, however, the glass is not only meant for business cards, there are also posters, memos-the memorandum most if printed on a hard crust :).

Glass is the easiest way to make the Opacity-50% minimum, layered! Can you give some gradient transition to it, to the best of -45 degrees brighter in a darker color. There are also Inner Glow and Outer Glow effect serving to look like glass. Note that this is an excellent solution for the text also as protection, because almost the same effect can be done with it. Inner Glow and Outer Glow put on some shades of gray-not too much darker in color, and not too much size as 3-4 approximate thickness of the whole. This is a very good thing, for example, can be used in some portfolios also works in PDF as a note, which adorn every printed page. You can try a little experimenting with the Bevel and Emboss, just should not be exaggerated, always include Preview to see how it works.

I hope I managed to help a little, because I used to use this effect in the logo. If some good stared, such a glass effect can be found in my works on designcontestu-inflammation effect, or the glass as work IBERENVASES # 26 work done in Illustrator. So you can do the same in Photoshop, and Illustrator too ;).

For any suggestions, criticisms, I am available!
*Sincerely, graphic design studio Krisdesign

#8 tski

tski

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:56 PM

A knowledge of 3D software such as 3DS Max or Maya would make something like this quick and easy to achieve although the same thing can be done in Photoshop, just with a little more time and attention to detail. 3D software will simulate realism for you (when setup correctly) Photoshop requires you to give the illusion of realism yourself. Lighting, reflections, shadows and colors make all the difference. :D

#9 GJR

GJR

• Designer
  • 2637 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:47 PM

Happy GD did a better job than the example you posted.

some simple step by step instructions just to achieve the minimum (in photoshop):

1) import your image.
2) create a white square.
3) change the square to a gradient fill layer - linear gradient white to transparent.
4) rasterize the layer and resize.
5) setup a scatter brush so it's the right size - then paint a scatter on the white side of the gradient layer until it looks nice!
6) apply the notepaper filter with a background colour of either white or a brighter version of the colour you are using. for the example you posted you would use a bright blue.
7)set the opacity of the layer to about 30% - screen .
8) resize and position.
9) sit back, relax and enjoy your handy work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users