poor notifications system

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 vasantnavnit

vasantnavnit

• Designer
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 12:59 PM

Does anybody else feel like the site does not notify you of events properly? I'd like to see more details notifications which show which comment was made by which contest holder on which one of my entries. I mean, how is "You received a comment" sufficient? I keep checking my mail inbox for notifications, as thats the only place where i can get full details. most importantly, the site does not notify you when a contest ends and if the contest holder has selected a winner (unless the CH selects you ofcourse)... seriously. Its about time they work on this.

#2 indreamo

indreamo

• Designer
  • 69 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 04:06 PM

I agree - I got only few notifications on the site. I don't know how it works, I receive only 1/30 part of all notifications I receive by email.

#3 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21753 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 04:30 PM

The site does send an email out when a winner has been chosen. You receive notices when the ch chooses a winner if it is a contest you are following or have entered.

You might want to check your spam filter or trash bin

Like us on facebook

#4 HerbertNordal

HerbertNordal

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 3433 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 10:59 PM

Sharie is correct.
I get emails (comments) from diligent contest holders who wish alterations to be made. I also get messages from the site when a contest is awarded. I do not get notification when a contest is not awarded, that is abandoned. I frequently send emails asking for the status of stale, old un-awarded contests. I realize that it is hard for the site to dictate terms to the paying clients, but this leaves the designers out of the loop and under-informed. Designers have to manually tract closed contests to determine when they are actually final, especially when the contest ends without CH decision.

Getting the CH to decide can be pushing on a string. The site and designers want a good outcome. The number of contests that end with an "incomplete" grade is discouraging to all. It comprises a large fraction of all contests at all crowd source sites.

DesignContest definitely needs to notify designers when a contest is final but un-awarded, in a email or on site message. We need to able to get contest "obituary" as well as happy outcomes. Thanks

#5 Zibanu

Zibanu

• Designer
  • 282 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:36 PM

I receive emails and online notification, simultaneously, of everything goes with my entries rating, commenting, eliminating.

#6 dbb201

dbb201

• Designer
  • 198 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:52 AM

Sorry .. but i have no problem with that notification.
Its just perfect....

If the contest ends with a winner i do get a prope notification by email.
But if the contest end and the CH doesn't select the winner than but obvious the notification wont come and thats understood.
But in future in some case if sudenly the winner is selected all of the sudden that again a notification.. that's good...

#7 cizzlebot

cizzlebot

• Designer
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:21 PM

I kind of wish there was a tone that accompanied the pop up notification, like Facebook has. It'd be nice to hear it if you were doing something else in a different window and didn't see it.

#8 Zibanu

Zibanu

• Designer
  • 282 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:40 PM

With google talk, skype, facebook, and now DC! It will be a beeping madness! But, why not! I hope it will not be like the Avast antivirus "CAUTION! CAUTION! YOU ARE GOING IN THE WRONG DIRECTION".

#9 vasantnavnit

vasantnavnit

• Designer
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:13 AM

Yes, of course I'm properly informed when a contest I've submitted an entry for has seen a winner. :) But by MAIL. The only question is, why can't it show as a notification in DC instead?

#10 HerbertNordal

HerbertNordal

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 3433 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 11:35 PM

To locate contests in limbo, I go to my portfolio page, view it by date instead of by rating and start clicking through the pages. Undecided old contests will have no "trashcan" to permit deletion. I then contact DC to see if the contest is abandon or if some special circumstances have allowed the CH an extension. It works, but I have to pester the busy mods (Sheri) to get the final disposition. This is the ONLY problem I have with DC administration.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users