Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

Phone support: Closed

We are back in: 1h 20m

Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

How is the "multiple designs in one entry" infraction defined?

court multiple designs

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 Guest_robertOmtzs_*

Guest_robertOmtzs_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:02 AM

I have seen in Designer's court "multiple designs in one entry" get infractions and I have also seen the same kind of entries win medals in a contest...

Is there really a doubt about which entries have multiple designs on them?

Currently the votes in this two cases are against the fact that these entries have more than one design on them:

http://www.designcon...consulting.html

http://www.designcon...consulting.html

I myself have received an infraction which I thought was unfair that is why I am interested in this topic.

http://www.designcon...soundtrack.html

Thanks for reading.

#2 Babba

Babba

Lead Moderator

• Designer
  • 36474 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 12:13 PM

Dear Robert,
your entry had several logo designs on, and you WON with one of them. So, the point is - only single design is allowed per entry, it can be run trough different color layouts, different scales (big and small) or position (logo related to text if needed), and text font change is not allowed on a single entry.
CH:

... My first impression was "this is a mess" but after looking at it closely, I did find something that I like quite a bit. Your illustration on the top right corner...

- this is also one of of the reasons it is not allowed.
I hope you understand the difference now.

#3 Guest_robertOmtzs_*

Guest_robertOmtzs_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 December 2013 - 07:41 PM

I know my entry looks like it has several designs.

That's why I wrote my long post in the court explaining the creative process, a posteriori.
http://www.designcon...ndtrack.html?#3

It was designed to be 1 logo. All four parts of the icon and the name and tag is 1 logo. That it was how it was designed, that is how it was meant to be printed on the cards and on the website.

That the client asked of me to take one part of the whole logo and make a new logo, was not foreseen by me when I designed it.

Thank you for your reply; I have also received an answer to a ticket explaining me the difference about multiple designs. I made a mistake. I had infered the meaning by looking at several cases in the court.

Regards.

#4 Guest_robertOmtzs_*

Guest_robertOmtzs_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 December 2013 - 07:53 PM

I was going to post on the two cases I opened but they are now closed.

I want to apologyze to Aizer and OriginalPixel. I had the wrong idea of what constituted "multiple designs".

Sorry.

At least now I know I've been wasting my quota.

#5 hawkmoonvision

hawkmoonvision

• Designer
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 03:57 PM

So, bottom line, you can have variations of color, size and logo position related to text, but no font or any other modification on the same entry?

#6 PaintedPony

PaintedPony

Guru

• Designer
  • 1376 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 04:51 PM

So, bottom line, you can have variations of color, size and logo position related to text, but no font or any other modification on the same entry?

This is correct. It can be confusing for the CH if there are multiple different logo designs on the same entry - and they might think they will receive ALL of them if chosen as the winner.

Also, some of the designer levels only permit a limited amount of entries, so it is not fair to fill one entry with several different logo concepts.

#7 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 04:53 PM

We do have exceptions to this

If the contest holder requests you submit a couple of variations of fonts then it is allowed, if the contestholder requests two versions of the design in the entry then it is allowed "only" if the ch requests this

Like us on facebook

#8 hawkmoonvision

hawkmoonvision

• Designer
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 05:18 PM

Thank you for your answers, it's much clearer now! I'm quite new and was a little confused with the old / new rules. It was my case exactly, wanted to submit a variation of a design, with only the logo position changed relative to the text, and I wasn't sure that's allowed on the same entry or I would have to use another entry from the quota, so I started digging the forums, not wanting to break the rules from the very beginning. Thank you for your help! :)

#9 PaintedPony

PaintedPony

Guru

• Designer
  • 1376 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 05:28 PM

Yes, you would be permitted to show your logo as a vertical/stacked logo as well as a horizontal logo (with icon to left or right of text) on the same entry if your logo has been designed that way. Good luck in your contests.

#10 Guillememo

Guillememo

• Designer
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 06:15 AM

Hi, what happens if I give some variations of the same logo? like, color over white, C over black, etc

#11 tetplus

tetplus

• Designer
  • 41 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 09:33 PM

You have the answers above! So, scroll up and read

#12 Probir Ghosh

Probir Ghosh

Banned

• Designer
  • 134 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 07:44 PM

Reading this post. it is very helpful for designers. this information for everyone must read. Thanks for sharing.

#13 zounds

zounds

• Designer
  • 73 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:08 PM

bump

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: court, multiple designs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users