Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

newbie help? painting lineart

• Please log in to reply

#1 Guest_mevector_*

Guest_mevector_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:07 AM

Hey, I have used PS for a while now to edit photos, but AI is a bit different haha. I use a Huion H610 tablet, and my primary focus right now is scanning in drawings/sketches in order to ink them and color them in AI. I've been slowly getting a hang of it but I have recently ran into a couple issues.

1) my color swatches aren't showing. It is showing the transparent (white with red line), black, and white. That's it. I can select colors with the eyedropper and the gradient color pallet, but i prefer using swatches if I can, not really sure why the actual colors left.

2) I have some lines drawn and what not, and I went to paint. I have watched some basic line-art/inking tutorials on youtube but it doesn't seem to be working as they do on the tutorials. If i try to select an area and use live paint, it take away all of my lineweights which really sucks. If i try a more traditional approach, well, it just is a huge ink block and doesn't take into consideration the lines within the area (lips or eyes etc if im doing a face). Any assistance on how to approach painting areas without using the paintbrush and stroking it in would be great!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users