I have an emac 1.25 40gb 128mb

Sorry, not making the big bucks yet :( :(

#2 x4lov

x4lov

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 352 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 07:25 PM

I have an AMD 3700 San Diego with 2GB DDR2 and 80GB HDD, i have also an Intel notebook with 17" but the power supply is broken and dont re-charge the battery.

• Guests

Posted 26 March 2007 - 08:36 PM

PC rocks :)
(I just envy you guys, who can afford a Mac computer!)
I will not go into detailes because I don't want to embarrass myself, but I am on a PC way below $1000 :)

#4 psyris

psyris

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 287 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 03:27 AM

I current use a PC whcih is several years old now, its a Pentium 4 3.2GHZ, 120 gb, 1g ram 256 graphics and some other stuff which i cant rememeber
am planning on upgrading to a Mac Book Pro for my design business, which would be nice.
www.uiom.com.au
simple and effective design solutions

#5 rinaldidesigns

rinaldidesigns

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2258 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 01:50 PM

I have an intelmac......I have always used a mac:)

#6 tpuentes

tpuentes

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 404 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 02:02 PM

PC rocks :)
(I just envy you guys, who can afford a Mac computer!)
I will not go into detailes because I don't want to embarrass myself, but I am on a PC way below $1000 :)

Like my mom used to say... "Your time will come"
I'm thinking of upgrading to an imac but I have to win a couple of contests first (hope the CH's are reading this, lol)

#7 psyris

psyris

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 287 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 02:37 AM

[QUOTE] have an intelmac......I have always used a mac by rinaldidesigns [QUOTE]
yeah thats what im wanting hehe, are they as good as they say they are?
www.uiom.com.au

#8 Guest_scritch_*

Guest_scritch_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2007 - 03:23 AM

I've used pc's extensively, and macs extensively. I use a pc at one of my sites because I have to, but I own a mac. I'm also on a fairly modest salary. They are extremely affordable considering how much longer they last and how much more you get and how much more reliable they are and faster and all that other good stuff, including excellent functioning used. And if you're a good rummager...

It took me close to a year to build what I wanted (I don't use credit cards on principle so I save up for what I want) -- I have a quicksilver tower that can accommodate virtually unlimited upgrades. I also have a 20" lcd cinema display (the groovy lucite easel kind and no dead pixels) bought in great used condition, a rocstor 250g ext hd (retail) and harman/kardon soundsticks that kick some serious gluteus maximus, a wacom intuos 6x8 bought new after searching for the best deal for 2 months... I built, over time, a well-muscled mac system for well under $1,000, and won't need to upgrade any time soon.

I could have built like this for a pc, but having worked with them for many years, I knew I'd be throwing my money away.

And if you think it takes too much time to do this... between my business and my contracts I averaged around 80-100 hrs/week during much of the time I was putting this puppy together.

#9 render

render

Guru

• Designer
  • 474 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 05:13 AM

well i actually got my hp notebook a a great price (under $1000) and i wouldn't exactly say i was throwing my money away when i bought it. i've made a some pret-ty good money on it. and to be honest it works great and runs so smoothly with quite a bit of multitasking, it has a dual layer dvd ram drive w/lightscribe, alot of ddr2, a large hdd but i still want a mac, only because it's the design industry standard... and i would buy an intelmac, like rinaldidesigns!
Rest in peace Nevadabadgirl

#10 Guest_scritch_*

Guest_scritch_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2007 - 05:44 AM

Mac people -- we're insufferable!

Oh, and edited to say... there's a reason there are different OS's. If you love PC's, the way they're set up, the logic and flow of them, buying a mac only because it's the industry standard may not be the way to go. Sticking with what you love is always the best policy!

#11 lilypad

lilypad

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 05:47 AM

MACS...

I started in the 80s with an Apple IIgs... then got a Mac IIsi... followed by a PowerPC Mac 8100... next was a G4/500... and I am currently using a G5 1.8DP.

How many PCs have you owned over the past 25 years?

- jon

#12 jbono

jbono

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 09:48 AM

I use a mac g4 tower, dual core, and a mac g4 12" notebook. I also use my video ipod for showing portfolio images.

#13 mattddesign

mattddesign

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 80 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 08:37 AM

I have a 17inch powerbook, that a bought maybe a year and a half to two years ago, and paid an arm and a leg for. Fully upgraded ran me $3200...and now i cna go get a laptop better then what i got for half or less, lol. But i like it. My next purchase will be a G5. I need a nice, fast comp for home, i use the laptop for client meetings and class.

-mattddesign

#14 rinaldidesigns

rinaldidesigns

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2258 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 12:34 PM

I started in the 80s with an Apple IIgs... then got a Mac IIsi... followed by a PowerPC Mac 8100... next was a G4/500... and I am currently using a G5 1.8DP.

no way....I had an apple IIe....!!!!!...I think were giving our age away!

#15 tpuentes

tpuentes

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 404 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 06:00 PM

please, don't talk about age here

#16 gl3nnx

gl3nnx

• Designer
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 09:08 AM

mine is PC.
Mac was so expensive.

#17 morethanjustok

morethanjustok

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 51 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 08:43 PM

mine is PC.
Mac was so expensive.

I've spent far too much time with PCs to learn how to Control+Click.
-Austin

#18 psyris

psyris

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 287 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 10:08 PM

dont the new intel mac support the right click?
www.uiom.com.au

#19 Guest_scritch_*

Guest_scritch_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 April 2007 - 10:38 PM

All macs for a very long time have supported right click; I've been right-clicking for 10 years. All you need is a two-button mouse.

#20 chromeguy

chromeguy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 53 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 03:06 AM

Started with an AppleII+ many moons ago (back when they were new).

Have used many Macs throughout the years, but currently my main station is a G5 1.6mhz, then i've got a G4, a G3 that i'm using as a server, an ibook another couple G3's that I haven't found a use for yet and a couple old 7500's.

I think I have about 8-9 systems around here, but only use 4 regularly.
Sometimes you feel like a nut, other times, you just look like one...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users