• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#81 Oleksandrm

Oleksandrm

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 264 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 06:30 AM

Another question - I know we can add designs from the my designs page ( which is great :) ) but are designs also automatically added to the portfolio tab as they were previously?

Yeah, this should happen after contest is closed (designs with medals in winning tab appears after contest moving to finalization stage). If this won`t happen - let me know. 

#82 Oleksandrm

Oleksandrm

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 264 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 06:34 AM

Thanks PP for clarity. this solution is not ideal though. When the medals are visible then they should be displayed in the correct order. Also many of the designs "hidden" have been visible in the past, some for over a year so it not right for them to be hidden now. Is there any chance this will be fixed?

Also, will we be able to move the tabs as requested?

Thanks.

--------- Edit -----------

In the blog it shows that we can reorganise the tabs so that winning entries are first:

https://designcontes....ZQ3KKi1uoT.jpg

:confused:

Unfortunately we can`t allow you to move first tab anywhere, I`ve explained why. Please, take a look on my previous post. We can change the order - show winning always first, but I need to make sure that 51% of active designers will agree wit this (many of newbies can`t add to winning tab anything - and profile would look ugly - this will work only for our old designers, who have 5+ medals...) 

#83 Babba

Babba

Lead Moderator

• Designer
  • 36642 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 08:16 AM

Unfortunately we can`t allow you to move first tab anywhere, I`ve explained why. Please, take a look on my previous post. We can change the order - show winning always first, but I need to make sure that 51% of active designers will agree wit this (many of newbies can`t add to winning tab anything - and profile would look ugly - this will work only for our old designers, who have 5+ medals...) 

In order to work this out, I suggest to change the color for the Winning Tab - I mean the text. Maybe with orange you already have. At least Winning Entries would stand out.

What do you think?

#84 Oleksandrm

Oleksandrm

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 264 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 10:49 AM

In order to work this out, I suggest to change the color for the Winning Tab - I mean the text. Maybe with orange you already have. At least Winning Entries would stand out.

What do you think?

Could you provide an example-image here?  

BTW, bug with ALL GOLD MEDALS in other tabs is fixed.

Also we are going to add ability to control hire buttons, add arrows to 1 entry page, so user could simple navigate through your portfolio. 

#85 Oleksandrm

Oleksandrm

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 264 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 10:52 AM

In the blog it shows that we can reorganise the tabs so that winning entries are first:

https://designcontes....ZQ3KKi1uoT.jpg

:confused:

Sorry, this is a screen from PSD, not from real website. 

#86 Oleksandrm

Oleksandrm

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 264 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 10:59 AM

@Oleksandrm, my profile still doesn't have the reviews from One-on-ones. Is this still under development?

You have One-on-ones that were completed at the old website - we does`t had Review functionality at that time.

Reviews would be collected from One-on-one started after September 15, 2014

Here is how your completed project looks from clients side:

8ZrJlxLHnzP72j.jpg

#87 EcoDesigns

EcoDesigns

• Designer
  • 278 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 01:10 PM

Ok, good to know that. Thanks Oleksandrm :)

You have One-on-ones that were completed at the old website - we does`t had Review functionality at that time.

Reviews would be collected from One-on-one started after September 15, 2014

8ZrJlxLHnzP72j.jpg

• Oleksandrm likes this

#88 GJR

GJR

• Designer
  • 2637 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 08:11 PM

This is unfortunate indeed because it is the first page that matters.

It would be OK if the portfolio did not autopopulate with new designs, then we would have full control over the first page. At the moment there is no point setting up a nice portfolio tab when every new design pops up on top of it. Would it be an option to stop this from happening?

It would be much better to pick the designs we want to display than to be constantly deleting the ones we don't want.
  • Oleksandrm and HappyGD like this

#89 Babba

Babba

Lead Moderator

• Designer
  • 36642 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 10:12 PM

Could you provide an example-image here?  

Olek, here is what I suggested - just to change the color to orange or green (I gave both examples, so you we can see the difference).

Attached Files

#90 PaintedPony

PaintedPony

Guru

• Designer
  • 1376 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 11:37 PM

^ Or maybe the "WINNING ENTRIES" tab could be a solid blue rectangle with white type in the middle that says WINNING ENTRIES. It could have some sort of rollover function, so that when you mouse over that tab or click that tab, the rectangle changes color maybe to dark gray or something to make it stand out more?

• Babba likes this

“No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle” – Winston Churchill

#91 GJR

GJR

• Designer
  • 2637 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 05:23 PM

In the profile, The delete option is not always working. I can delete designs I have added myself but cannot delete those which were automatically added. I have tried withdrawing them but that doesn't work either.

Tried chrome and Firefox.

#92 lizonil

lizonil

Guru

• Designer
  • 1720 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 11:31 AM

Some of my gold medals are missing eg. pamperdoodle shows up on Gary's profile, but it does not show up on mine. Only 37 golds show on mine but I don't know what ones are missing, I know some blind contests like to keep them hidden, but I don't think I have won 14 blind contests. Any ideas?

#93 HappyGD

HappyGD

• Designer
  • 2731 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 04:59 PM

How do the profiles look on a mobile phone? (I do not own a smart phone... yes I am a dinosaur) Do the "Hire Designer" and "Invite to Contest" buttons get cut off?

• PaintedPony likes this

#94 PaintedPony

PaintedPony

Guru

• Designer
  • 1376 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 05:26 PM

Some of my gold medals are missing eg. pamperdoodle shows up on Gary's profile, but it does not show up on mine. Only 37 golds show on mine but I don't know what ones are missing, I know some blind contests like to keep them hidden, but I don't think I have won 14 blind contests. Any ideas?

I think they mentioned that entries from blind contests would show up now on your profile, and entries from hidden contests would show up on your profile, but only if you are logged in as a registered user. So seems like all should be showing up? Not sure why they are not?

Did Gary steal your gold pamperdoodle? LOL! ;)

• lizonil likes this

#95 lizonil

lizonil

Guru

• Designer
  • 1720 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 06:38 PM

I found them.... they are all out of order, so the golds start again after the bronze medals!! I can't figure out how to get them back in order, it would be nice if we could grab them and move them wouldn't it.  I see that Babba even has some actual medals missing from the bottom of her designs. 

I will check it out now on my daughters iphone... I too am a dinosaur when it comes to phones. I looked at it on my husbands laptop and it missed the sides out : )

• Oleksandrm likes this

#96 PaintedPony

PaintedPony

Guru

• Designer
  • 1376 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 08:06 PM

Per Olexsandrm, this is how the medals are now organized:

"You can move designs at any tab except winning - there are such order => NON PRIVATE contests => Gold by date, silver by date, bronze by date =>PRIVATE contests => Gold by date, silver by date, bronze by date. Private medals are hidden with LOCK image if you are not logged in."

• Oleksandrm likes this

#97 PaintedPony

PaintedPony

Guru

• Designer
  • 1376 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 08:29 PM

Question regarding the designs that are showing up in our Portfolios:
Do the images just randomly populate with miscellaneous designs?
Do the images change out to different designs every time our Portfolio is opened as a random 'sampling'?

Looks like the entries in my Portfolio have stayed the same every time I open my Portfolio. Roughly 107 images are showing up. Some designs are very old and I would like to update them with more current designs, but I'm afraid I might delete some designs that might have a high rating which I'm guessing would effect my overall rating points.

Has anyone found an easy way to pick and choose what shows up on your Portfolio tab?

#98 Oleksandrm

Oleksandrm

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 264 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 07:50 AM

This is unfortunate indeed because it is the first page that matters.

It would be OK if the portfolio did not autopopulate with new designs, then we would have full control over the first page. At the moment there is no point setting up a nice portfolio tab when every new design pops up on top of it. Would it be an option to stop this from happening?

It would be much better to pick the designs we want to display than to be constantly deleting the ones we don't want.

Nice idea, Garry - we will try to implement this kind of functionality soon. 

In the profile, The delete option is not always working. I can delete designs I have added myself but cannot delete those which were automatically added. I have tried withdrawing them but that doesn't work either.

Tried chrome and Firefox.

We will investigate this and try to fix it. Thnx.

Looks like PaintedPony replied to this question. 

How do the profiles look on a mobile phone? (I do not own a smart phone... yes I am a dinosaur) Do the "Hire Designer" and "Invite to Contest" buttons get cut off?

They look OK. Not so good as we wish, but buttons hire and invite are available + share buttons + few tabs. 

aD2PKeZtJJWdm3.jpg

Question regarding the designs that are showing up in our Portfolios:
Do the images just randomly populate with miscellaneous designs?
Do the images change out to different designs every time our Portfolio is opened as a random 'sampling'?

Looks like the entries in my Portfolio have stayed the same every time I open my Portfolio. Roughly 107 images are showing up. Some designs are very old and I would like to update them with more current designs, but I'm afraid I might delete some designs that might have a high rating which I'm guessing would effect my overall rating points.

Has anyone found an easy way to pick and choose what shows up on your Portfolio tab?

Ok, about your portfolio tab. We have transferred all old entries from old profiles there. Now, 1 entry from 1 contest with highest rating would be added there automatically after the contest is closed.

You may DELETE any design manually, ADD any design from contest (from MyDesigns tab) or any other design using uploader

• PaintedPony, HappyGD and GJR like this

#99 GJR

GJR

• Designer
  • 2637 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 11:16 AM

Did Gary steal your gold pamperdoodle? LOL! ;)

unfortunately I didn't get paid for it :D
  • PaintedPony and Oleksandrm like this

#100 GJR

GJR

• Designer
  • 2637 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 11:19 AM

Nice idea, Garry - we will try to implement this kind of functionality soon. 

We will investigate this and try to fix it. Thnx.

Many Thanks.

I found one last problem with the portfolio - They are so engaging that I am spending too much time looking through designers profiles and not enough designing!
  • Babba, PaintedPony and Oleksandrm like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users