Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

Phone support: Closed

We are back in: 1h 20m

Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

What's the point of uploading files for "winning" abandoned contests through voting?

finalization abandon abandoned upload uploading voting community contests

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 s331ng3y35

s331ng3y35

• Designer
  • 39 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 08:03 PM

Hi everyone,

I have just "won" a contest due to voting (many thanks to everyone for the vote!). I then had to upload the final files. May I ask, what's the point of uploading files for contests won through voting (and maybe community contests as well, not sure about those?)? I don't see the point here. The actual CH ain't gonna want it, so is there any use sending the file to DC? Plus, for abandoned contests that designers would logically no longer keep track of and possibly delete the source files, I even have to worry that if I don't send the files on time I might get infractions...

Isn't it better and faster to just award the prize immediately, like how it was done for those abandoned non guaranteed contests with ratings (based on what I remembered last time)? Or is the DC system set in such a way that it is required for me to send the files just to fulfil the system and get the prize?

If, lets say hypothetically I have deleted the files (lucky I didn't for this one!), is it ok to just download my entry image and then upload it to the final files?

• lalelemu likes this

#2 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 02:24 AM

The purpose is, the contest has to go through finalization to be able to award you the money, that is why you have to upload these files

You need to upload a jpg and zipped file

Thank you

• s331ng3y35 and lalelemu like this

Like us on facebook

#3 lstyrman

lstyrman

• Designer
  • 34 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 06:54 AM

Maybe there's also the point that by uploading the source file you're proving that it is actually your design. Don't know if it makes sense, just a thought.

• chakori and lalelemu like this

#4 s331ng3y35

s331ng3y35

• Designer
  • 39 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 03:27 PM

The purpose is, the contest has to go through finalization to be able to award you the money, that is why you have to upload these files

You need to upload a jpg and zipped file

Thank you

Noted, thanks. Just 1 more thing (about voted prizes), lets just assume that I no longer have the original files. Is it acceptable to just upload the image preview file and a zip file containing just the image?

Just wanted to know in case something like that happens in the future. I will surely keep the original files whenever possible, but in case something happens in between the months of waiting (such as a malfunctioning computer or a hacker/virus attack wiping out all my files) I will need to know my options.

• lalelemu likes this

#5 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 02:09 AM

I think it always best best to upload zipped file including vector file of marked winning design, the reason I say this...we have had clients comeback asking to download the voted on winning design. If that was to happen we then notify the voted on winning designer that the client has chosen to use the voted on winning design. This was in a reasonable amount of time, within  3 months, if client was to comeback a yr after designer vote then that client would need to  open a 1on1 project with you

• s331ng3y35 and lalelemu like this

Like us on facebook

#6 s331ng3y35

s331ng3y35

• Designer
  • 39 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 06:58 AM

Thanks for the info!

Anyway just to let you know I have already sent in the finalization files. Since the CH won't be around at all to review them, should I notify DC through the finalization comments or somewhere else or just wait 7 days?

• lalelemu likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: finalization, abandon, abandoned, upload, uploading, voting, community contests

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users